PEX for a MT manifold??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lombo34

Reaction score
Anyone use PEX to make their MT manifold?? It's rated for 200* which should be fine, but I'm just wondering what the pro/cons are...

I use a pex manifold, but I use the expanded type fittings (pex-a) because my dad has the tool. Works really well. The trick to cutting slots is to have a really sharp blade.

I used pex in my MT, I drilled 100's of 1/16 inch holes. I just set the depth on my drill press and went to town. Flows great.

I made one.. flowed like crap. i drilled holes instead of slits... go with slits. i got about 78% efficiency. easy to build.
I did a combo of pex crimp fittings and ss hose clamps so i could still take it apart partially to clean it if need be

I used pex for both my 5 and 10 gallon MLT, wasn't hard to put together. Made them both together in about an hour and a half with a pipe cutter and a Dremel to cut slits in it. I love it, dry fitted it for ease of cleaning and haven't had any problems.

Back