West Allis LHBS closed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McCall St. Brewer

Reaction score
On my way to work this morning I drove by the Frugal Homebrewer in West Allis and they appear to have gone out of business. Anyone else know anything about this? In the past I knew that they always had pretty limited hours, and sometimes were not open when they should have been, but now they are just gone. The whole place is cleared out.

I saw on his web site, which seems to be down, that he was trying to find someone to run the store so he could stay open. Looks like he didn't succeed.

Al

I was only there once. They were very helpful to me as I was buying supplies for my second batch. Too bad. Their web site had a lot of good looking recipes as well.

Al

olllllo said:

Wow...good call! Some good recipes on there! Especially the Lakefront Brewery clones!!

If you don't have promash and can't access the .rec files, you can download the .pdf which has a lot of the recipes in extract and AG written out. Good stuff. Here is the link to the pdf. http://web.archive.org/web/20060220173310/www.frugalwestallis.com/recipes/FHWArecipes605.pdf

Back