GPS devices

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zac

Thread Killer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've always owned Garmin stuff in the past, so I think I'll stick with them.

My choices are between the Garmin GPS 60CSX, The Colorado, and the Oregon 400t. (or if somebody suggests something different)

The only one I've touched is the 60Csx, and it's better than any I've owned, but reading the reviews, seems like the Oregon 400t & the colorado series BOTH have features I want.

Anybody have tips, tricks, suggestions? I have the budget to buy what I want, this will be for work, so 1K isn't totally out of the question.
I will be using it for basic navigation, fireline work mostly, some automobile travel, but virtually no marine stuff, or geocaching, although.. i may be convinced to try this sometime.

Help?

Zac

I prefer a larger display

I own a ZUMO 550 which comes with a car and motorcycle mount....I love it.

Can you see it....lol

DSCF0082.JPG

I have the 60CSX with City Navigator 08 and Topomaps. It serves me well for everything from fishing/hunting, geocache, and travel by road to unknown places and cities. If I had to have any complaints at all about it, it would be that the notification beeps (for upcoming turns, etc.) are not loud enough if you want to blare music, etc. but that is really minor overall...

Overall, I'm very pleased with my CSX!

Always heard that Garmin is the best for the US...and TomTom is the best for Europe. I have a tomtom One and it works great tho

just remember to spend the extra $10 and get the north american version if you ever happen to cross the boarder you'll kick yourself for not getting it.

I'm a Garmin Nuvi fan. I bought a 200W and it works great, then gave it to my daughter to deal with finding places in San Diego. I replaced it with the Nuvi 260W. This one calls out the street names too. I'll never go back to the old way.

Back