Northern Brewer Site?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the "Network Solutions" page, too. Perhaps NB is having some problems with their website?

glenn514:mug:

If you need to order something today, check out "Perfect Brewing Supply" (perfectbrewingsupply.com) . They are local to me, but have a website and will ship. I generally find they have most of the same selection and quality as Northern Brewer.

I'm kinda bummed. I was going to price out a nut brown ale.

The WHOIS says that the DNS record was updated on Jun 17th.
I'm guessing someone fat-fingered the IP address when setting up new hosting.

If you *can* get there still, I'm guessing your ISP is caching old DNS information.

Yeah, down for me too.... I was hoping to order some today too :( I'm using Google's dns servers for those interested...

When the phone is dead, or gives a busy signal, it's not necessarily an indicator of what, specifically, is happening. The only thing we know is that machinery is prone to issues. So are web sites.

rico567 said:
When the phone is dead, or gives a busy signal, it's not necessarily an indicator of what, specifically, is happening. The only thing we know is that machinery is prone to issues. So are web sites.

This.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unavailable for me as well. Tried a few of the "deep links" from Google's search page and they didn't work. Looks like a problem with their domain registration. I imagine someone is spending their Father's Day trying to get this straightened out.

Seems to be a DNS update issue. I was able to change my DNS setting in my network adapter properties to Google's DNS which is 8.8.8.8 and then was able to get back to the site.

Seems to be a DNS update issue. I was able to change my DNS setting in my network adapter properties to Google's DNS which is 8.8.8.8 and then was able to get back to the site.

Clearly correct that it's a DNS issue for some folks. I used OpenDNS servers and I'm having no problem getting to the NB site...

Cheers!

They forgot to renew the domain and it expired. Although that was taken care of, what most folks are seeing is the time for the domain name to re-propagate. This was a boo-boo by their staff, but from what I understand they don't have a dedicated IT person, so I'm willing to give them some slack (and compassion.)

can you explain how to do this? I got a gift card for father's day and I want to go shopping!! :)

***EDIT*** figured it out

calebstringer said:
Im 99% sure they had a small print line on their site that it was going to be down for maintenance this morning?

I also remember seeing the banner for maintenance.

also couldn't get to the site so that gave me the excuse to switch my DNS over to google's 8.8.8.8

however I'm still not able to get there..even after flushing my DNS cache

Ok seriously. Anyone from northern brewer want to give us some details on what is happening with the site? At first things go well, but after clicking around, it goes to other pages.

I can't get into Northern Brewer either.
Been 2 days now. I got stuff in my shopping cart I wanna update!

I think it's their way of sliding out of all the 48-hour sales they've been offering lately.

Not realizing this thread was already posted, I started the same discussion. Error on my part. Trying to delete the thread and not sure how. Anyways, I am getting directed to the same Network Solutions website too. Could be in certain states that this is happening? I work in MA and it worked fine today; however, I live in CT and when I tried checking some posts and just to view their site again it directed me to the Network Solutions site again. Has been since last night. I think like someone said earlier too, there may have been a banner saying something about site maintenance. I could be wrong but after reading that post it sounded a bit familiar.

While on my computer at work today (yep, checked it at work. You know u do it too) the site worked, but after clicking on a few pages it sent me to that network site or another site about wine! Very weird. I decided to check out some other online HBS and must say, when NB is up and running, it's the best online shop. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Wow still down. It has come back in fits and spurts but has been mostly down. During a brief moment when it came back I noticed the 14 items that were meticulously chosen and added to my cart were gone. They definitely lost some significant sales from this.

Looks like "All for Brew, Some for Brew". Glad I did not take advantage of the hop special. Better luck for my LHBS and the $100 plus I left there.

Back