regulator pressure screw

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittzburghkid

Reaction score
Hi guys, recieved a used kegerator 5 months ago...everything worked fine...bought a new keg and ran out of co2...got a new tank Friday had a party saturday and there was no pressure...after fiddling with the screw and turning it 4 or five rotations clockwise it worked...pressure at 10....tonight, again no pressure and the screw is incredibly hard to turn either way...released what little pressure was in there with the releae valve and nothing...any ideas?

First I'd try some dry lube on the screw and see if that works. I've done liquid lube and it ruined the rubber diaphragm inside the reg. If that does not work you might need a rebuild kit.

There is only one gauge and it reads zero as it did a few days ago then I fiddled with the screw until it released some pressure. The co2 tank is in the refrigerator.

Does anything come out of the tank if you take the regulator off and turn the valve on? If nothing come out, you have a leak somewhere and your tank is empty. If co2 does come out, then your regulator is bad. You may be able to find a rebuild kit for the regulator if that is the problem.

So here's the thing. One, your pressure will drop, sometimes a lot, if you set your reg at room temp, then put it in the fridge. When I had mine in the fridge, I had to keep a close eye on it for a few days after sticking it in there to make sure it was still set right.

Good chance that your reg is fine, and chilling it down is what caused it to go wonky. Go with the lube suggestion on the screw and see if you can make it hold pressure after a few days of adjustment.

Back