Michelob Ultra is WONDERFUL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
...if you have a drinking problem.

Just set a normal amount of beers for an evening (say 3) in your fridge. Then line up a sixer of Michelob Ultra behind that with the solemn oath that you will not drink anything else until you have finished the Ultra. Put any other cold beer behind the ultra.

You will drink the 3 beers, and then 2 or 3 sips into the first ultra, you will decide that you no longer really need another beer.

Good God.

That sixer should last you at least a week or so.

As weak as that stuff is, it should take a good drinker maybe 5-10 minutes to burn through it. That has got to be the most watery, tasteless beer I've ever tried.

As weak as that stuff is, it should take a good drinker maybe 5-10 minutes to burn through it. That has got to be the most watery, tasteless beer I've ever tried.

I disagree. I'm a good drinker, but I struggle with that much liquid. I have to drink a minimum of 80 ounces of water a day for my diet and it's pretty danged hard for me to do.

I definitely couldn't consume a carbonated beverage any faster...

I'm ashamed that that is often the beer of choice for the women my age that I know. Ugh. Why even drink anything?

My SWMBO (who bought the wretched stuff) finally pointed it out to me. It's ZIMA!!!!!!:D

Cactus and lime. zima is back.god help us and have mercy on their souls.

A while back (wow 6 years ago!) I went to visit my best high school friend out at his college in Kansas... he raved how Michelob Ultra was his favorite best tasting beer of all time....

I haven't spoken to him since.

I just put a few of that batch that "never really quite worked out" and that seems to do it if need be. But eventually I'll cook with it and then the floodgates open again

I drank a 20pk of Michelob Light bottles once in just over an hour. We were playing Chase the Ace.

Michelob Light is still one of my preferred BMC beers. Ultra, however, is just water. I could probably guzzle that stuff *far* too quickly.

I have to be honest here. I enjoy the occasional BMC, particularly on a hot day...maybe after working in the yard. Regular Coors appeals to me, then, as does Corona Light with lime. But Ultra? Not a chance. And that's saying something, as apparently my own beer tastes are somewhat more pedestrian than most on this forum.

I believe MU has the lowest IBU level of any beer sold, somewhere around 3.5. I've never tried it and am quite content to go to my grave without.

The sixer we got when I started this thread still has 2 left.......

I originally took 2 sips and dumped one, my wife drank one and half of another. That left 3.

I got one out of the fridge yesterday because I was pissed off that it was taking up space. I set it on the counter wondering if my wife's "beer foul" sorority training would allow it to just go to waste, or if she would feel compelled to drink it.

I was in the garage when she came out with the empty to put in the recycling.

"Did you drink it? I asked.

"Yep" she said.

"really?!?!?" I asked.

"No" she said and smiled,"I dumped it out".

Hee Hee!;)

Indeed, although it was never a question of who, (I would die of thirst first;)) but IF.

AND SO..(darth vader voice)..She has started down the path to the dark side, and soon, her snobbery will be complete!!

...Buuuuttttt they have MORE FLAVORS NOW!!!! I almost cried tears of joy when I saw the commercials.

Honestly though, I've turned this down when it's been offered to me while I was blacked out...so I'm good to go.

Not me! There is still 1 bottle left. (we pawned 1 off on a neighbor who came over for the 4th)

I have a feeling it will be there a long time. My homebrew is dangerously low, I was almost crying for a beer last night, but I would not even dream of touching that thing.

Strange thing is, Ultra out of cans has a *smidge* more flavor to it than the bottles. I figure it is whatever stuff might be left on the aluminum after making the cans or maybe the paint fumes lets something.

That being said, there is a six pack with a soldier missing someone left over from 4th festivities. Missus won't touch it or the flavored Ultra's again.

She's a fan of the stouts. :)

Still 1 bottle left. (2.5 poured out, .5 drank by me, 1 by SWMBO, 1 by a neighbor)

It may be there when that fridge kicks the bucket...

Thats my FILs favorite beer. But then again he readily admits the less flavor a beer has the better he likes it.
The wife used to drink it but has since upgraded to Blue Moon.
I will not be touching any of the BMCs.

Craig

They had MU on tap at a golf course I was at today. Everyone at the bar was guzzling their glasses of it, made me cringe.

I love Ultra. I don't love it because it tastes good, nor do I love it because it's low in calories. I love it because it delivers exactly what it promises: little flavor, little alcohol, and little substance. It's not a BMC beer masquerading as a dry-hopped, well-aged yet "born-on-dated", full flavored, great product. It's a simple, clean, low-cal lager that can appease the masses. Bravo.

I love Ultra. I don't love it because it tastes good, nor do I love it because it's low in calories. I love it because it delivers exactly what it promises: little flavor, little alcohol, and little substance. It's not a BMC beer masquerading as a dry-hopped, well-aged yet "born-on-dated", full flavored, great product. It's a simple, clean, low-cal lager that can appease the masses. Bravo.

Indeed, and women tend to like it... and any beer that can get you laid is a good beer. No it's wonderful.

i;m been drinking the Michelob Ultra cause that what a pal drinks & he offers it to me. I think it is rude to tell someone there beer sucks. I personally dont like stouts or porters. I also like big brew beers for cooking with mainly because i dont want a strong beer taste.

Back