Show us your SWMBO...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orthobrewsky said:
What is it about all of us ordinary-looking, beer-guzzling bozos that attracts so many hot babes? I don't know, but there must be something. I wonder if some folks in the psychology or sociology departments here would like to do a study.

Yeh! I just got a great idea. These studies always require loads of grant money, right? I'm gonna get this grant, use it to buy equipment and ingredients, copy and paste this thread into a PDF as statistics, and then add my conclusion, "Hot women love home brewers".

In the meantime, who wants a bumper sticker with that on it?

Yeh! I just got a great idea. These studies always require loads of grant money, right? I'm gonna get this grant, use it to buy equipment and ingredients, copy and paste this thread into a PDF as statistics, and then add my conclusion, "Hot women love home brewers".

In the meantime, who wants a bumper sticker with that on it?

I DO! Especially if we can go the magnet route. :mug:

SWMBO came with me to today's homebrew club meeting, her first such gathering. afterwards she tweeted:

"To any single ladies... Find your local homebrewing association! Heavy male attendance, nice creative guys who will also brew you beer!!!"

i only found out about this after the fact :D

sweetcell said:
SWMBO came with me to today's homebrew club meeting, her first such gathering. afterwards she tweeted:

"To any single ladies... Find your local homebrewing association! Heavy male attendance, nice creative guys who will also brew you beer!!!"

i only found out about this after the fact :D

Hmm, maybe I'll join a club! I hope the brewing attracts hot men! ;)

Here's the Boss- Ashleigh
57971_10151179034577556_518922435_n.jpg

226624_10151357337047556_1380177306_n.jpg

I just got rid of a heavy male!
She also said "creative" and "nice". Yup, they're probably heavy. ~sigh~
she said heavy male ATTENDANCE... sheesh! :cross:

the crowd was surprisingly un-heavy at the meeting (it was actually a joint meeting of 2 clubs). SWMBO is 29 so her eye is quite discerning. she too expected a room full of fat old men but was delightfully surprised.

sweetcell said:
she said heavy male ATTENDANCE... sheesh! :cross:

the crowd was surprisingly un-heavy at the meeting (it was actually a joint meeting of 2 clubs). SWMBO is 29 so her eye is quite discerning. she too expected a room full of fat old men but was delightfully surprised.

I don't really mind heavy.
Carry on with the pretty lady pics!

Weddin day! 2 days ago.
734960_4356261544542_1069213591_n.jpg

i don't always look like a linebacker... but apparently on my wedding day i do... haha

Thanks, wife is a teacher and trades tutoring for photo shoots with a great family friend/pro photog. It works out for both parties involved.

No beard on the little guy though!? My apology (and relief) if its a beardless girl, It's hard to tell at that age. My boys (3,5 & 7) all shave with me. They leave more stubble in the sink than me and they're shaving with blanks. I'm only on this tangent because I noticed your high quality whiskers back there;)

No beard on the little guy though!? My apology (and relief) if its a beardless girl, It's hard to tell at that age. My boys (3,5 & 7) all shave with me. They leave more stubble in the sink than me and they're shaving with blanks. I'm only on this tangent because I noticed your high quality whiskers back there;)

Hah, he actually came into the world with dark hair all the way down his back, down to the elbows on his arms, and down over his forehead, eyelids and nose. He still has dark hair on the tops of his ears! I'm sure he'll be rocking some scruff before too long....more beard discussion here

Sorry for the sidebar, now back to our regularly scheduled oogling....

199966_502985018415_146_n_zps93e40b3c.jpg

I posted on here several months ago, but it just occurred to me that a couple of pics from our 2012 Oktoberfest really should be on here. I made a Marzen lager last April and somehow had the self control to lager it until late September.

535978_828612183949_1571501326_n.jpg

320414_828612149019_1576435961_n.jpg

68888_10151227356544335_21353371_n.jpg

My SWMBO with my oldest son Robert at age 2 (he's 7 now, my how time flies)

Nice picture. Great looking porch, wife, and little boy.

In my post above, people may miss something good in the second picture due to the standard laser focus on SWMBOs. The baby girl in the second picture is drinking from a big Oktoberfest mug, holding it by the handle daintily--with her pinky out. She actually loved the Oktoberfest lager, but was never allowed to drink more than a few very small sips. Kids are hilarious and you just never know what to expect.

Yeah, I know, I know - post some pics. I will when I get a chance to sift through photos and find suitable ones. In the mean time, I couldn't bear to see a good thread like this slowly go the way of the buffalo.

WesleyBrewViking said:
Yeah, I know, I know - post some pics. I will when I get a chance to sift through photos and find suitable ones. In the mean time, I couldn't bear to see a good thread like this slowly go the way of the buffalo.

Dude, you've only been on the forum a couple months ;) this thread ain't going anywhere.

actually, we prefer photos that generally fall into the "unsuitable" category :ban:

and buffaloes are alive and well and living in many a park... and that's just the north american bison. other types of buffaloes are quite plentiful in asia and africa.

actually, we prefer photos that generally fall into the "unsuitable" category :ban: -snip-

Sorry to disappoint...

-snip- and buffaloes are alive and well and living in many a park... and that's just the north american bison. other types of buffaloes are quite plentiful in asia and africa.

The Canadian Wood Bison (not really a buffalo, I know) is still on the endangered species list, although I guess I could rephrase it that I would like to see it go the way of the bison, i.e. perhaps dwindle for a while but be followed by efforts to dramatically increase numbers. :)

Billy-Klubb said:
my wonderful wife.

I rarely look at this thread, but I wanted to know who the heck would try and saddle you. Snort. I bet she keeps you in check.

My wife would kill me if I put her picture up here. She's way better looking than I am, too. Maybe not as much as your wife is better than you, but maybe I'm not quite as ugly. :D - there is no gap toothed smiley! I'm a few short, too.

bottlebomber said:
Haha that's messed up man. Cute lady klubb

It's cool BB. I'm pretty sure me and Billy are old friends who haven't met.

Back