Can you bruise beer when kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any answers? Awesome. usually people are picky and only want correct answers.

Yes you can bruise beer. Bleeding under the skin is a very serious condition in modern wort.

Dang. I dunno. But I do slam 'em after kegging.

Could this be a reference to oxidizing? Like when you throw apples, then a few days later they suck? If so, yes. You could injure it.

I try not to smack my beer around too much while I'm kegging to avoid excessive bruising.

Seriously....NO. Beer is really resiliant. The only real risk is oxydation and you just have to transfer your beer carefully.

Why do you think you hurt your beer?

Beer is pretty resilient especially when its young. A few bruises aren't a big deal but you need to be really careful of the head. Bumping the soft spot that can lead to long term damage.

"A brewer must pay particular attention not to bruise the beer when racking. Also known as Beer Ruined Undergoing Ignoble Sloppy External-transfer - Benjamin Franklin"

Lol my friend would worry about that **** in high school when we were pouring natty light into red cups...haven't heard that phrase in ten years.

"A brewer must pay particular attention not to bruise the beer when racking. Also known as Beer Ruined Undergoing Ignoble Sloppy External-transfer - Benjamin Franklin"

ben franklin said stuff???
i thought he was an electrician or something...

He talked a lot about making beer, how not to bruise beer and such. Here is what Thomas Jefferson said about Ben.

"It is a little known fact but Benjamin Franklin's key experiment and electrical contributions to our world were only motivated by his desire to build an electric brewery." TJ

Just make sure you don't bruise where the public will see the bruises. The buttocks, stomach, and mid-chest region are fine, but if you bruise the arms and leg, people may start to think that you abuse alcohol which is not cool bro. As has been suggested, using bags of citrus fruit or a phone book may help you keep that homebrew in check. Good luck!

1326328199974.jpg

Back