Brewing company label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
Here's our first attempt at a label for "Man Skirt Brewing Co." Any feedback is welcome.

brewing8.png

We're going to be doing a few different designs, but this is the first in the series.

Thanks!

-Joe

Sorry to have changed it then, I was just trying to help. I love the concept that you had, and that's why I put the time in. I also wasn't trying to do it for you, just point you in a direction.

I am a multimedia designer, and sometimes its hard to tell someone (in a forum) what critique comments you have and explain them properly. It was just easier to show you my thoughts.

Keep going on the path you are on with the design, it will turn out well.

sorry again-

-DIG

what about this?? didn't have much time, I was at work..

brewing8.png

If you want the files or me to change something, let me know..
-DIG

Just an opinion here. I really like the concept, but the background does not fit the foreground. I really like the foreground. “Cartoonize” the background to match the foreground maybe?

The one by digunderground illustrates some things I noticed. My first thought was to turn the oval so the label was taller instead of wide since theres a lot of unused space on the sides. This would also give you the chance to lengthen the skirt a bit and make it more the focus (to match the name). Also the "flash" beneath the boot really brings out the crushing of the letter...maybe more rubble coming off would do the same thing. Addition of color definitely a good idea since it helps seperate the individual componants.

hehe I was surprised to see it pop back up too ;)

We've been keeping it simple with the labels, and they've been very well received. Here's our holiday label.

holidaylabel-1.gif

holidaylabel.jpg

-Joe

Latest posts

Back