Where do you get your kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pol said:
I am going to buy kegging equipment, is this a good deal? Where do you buy yours?

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/products/ProdByID.aspx?ProdID=7739

+1 on the keg connection but I buy mine at the LHBS because the completely take them apart clean,sanitize and lube them when they get them in and then they pressurize them so when you go buy one you know there in good condition then you take them home let the pressure off and fill them up.

I will have to see if my new LHBS has them... Midwest seems to have cheap shipping and reasonable prices. SO far they are the best I have seen... even checked Ebay...

My LHBS - Beercrafters. about $35-37 each and they are fully cleaned and rebuilt. All I need to do the first time is throw some sanitizer in there. :) Reminds me, I need to get a couple more next payday. I also got beer and gas lines as well as the shanks from them. I got the tank and regulator from Micromatic. The Vetamatics came from Northern Brewer.

I just cleaned and sanitized (long story) my fridge for my kegs. Have not plugged it in for quite a while, seems to be running perfectly! I cannot wait to get a couple shanks through the door! YUM... my neighbors will love me!

If you are on the Left Coast, let me know. 3 for $50 plus shipping. Washington, Oregon and California works out to $70 shipped for 3. Thats $23.33 each. Just pm me.

The rcbequip link IS Brewers Discount.
+1 for them, $24 rebuilt with O-rings, cleaned sanitized and holding pressure.

I bought two NEW, in the original box, Spartenburgs, for $50 each on ebay...

Keg Connection I may buy through soon. Shipped its cheaper than my LHBS even and comes with the extra sets of seals etc.

This seems like a decent deal:

Cornelius Single Handle Kegs (4 Pack), 5 Gallon, Ball Lock (Pepsi Style) for Homebrew/Soda
***FREE O-RING PROMOTION, ORDER NOW AND GET 4 SETS OF O-RINGS, 4 LID, 8 POST AND 8 DIPTUBE O-RINGS FREE WITH YOUR ORDER!***These are four used 5 Gallon Ball Lock (Pepsi style), Soda Kegs with Single Handles. The handles on these kegs are bolted on and some people prefer these kegs because they are not as likely to loose a handle (and it they do you can replace them) They are also lighter because of the lack of rubber and fit into some friderators that standard kegs will not. These kegs have been Cleaned and soaked in a hot PBW solution, re-rinsed, lubed and re-presureized to check the seals.
PRICE: $109.90

Chico Co. seems like a good deal too but I don't know if they will give me all single handle and that would be my pref since all I've read seems to point to them having a smaller footprint space wise.

I bought my kegging gear from kegconnection.com with 3 kegs. I bought some additional kegs from a vendor here on HBT, something like inesco was his ID. I don't think he has any more kegs right now, though. The kegs were in great shape, for used kegs.

The kegs from kegconnection.com were all cleaned and ready to go, along with extra o-rings, and in great shape. I would recommend them highly.

I live in Indianapolis... how many ball locks do you have to unload? It looks like I will initially buy the (2) keg refrigerator conversion kit from Midwest, $315 shipped for (2) reconditioned ball locks, dual guage regulator, 5lb CO2 tank, gas and beer lines, (2) 4.125" shanks and taps with drip tray. I have checked all of the afore mentioned resources and Midwest seems to be the only one to sell such a kit, and at a really reasonable price. Adding extra kegs to store brew in will be CHEAP compared to this conversion! I already have a spare fridge, just need the kit to complete my kegerator!

My LHBS, the Red Salamander of Grand Ledge, sells them for $35 each, although they need to be cleaned and have the o-rings replaced.

The Pol said:
how many ball locks do you have to unload?
I will have about fifteen here in the next week or so. I am going to recondition and pressurize them before selling them though to make sure they are all in good shape. If you are coming through Fort Wayne I would be more than happy to sell some to you, but I doubt that after shipping it would be cost effective to get them from me. You probably have some stores down there that sell kegs, you can't get kegging equipment anywhere in the Fort.

I just got 25 kegs at $17.00/keg including shipping from a guy on ebay. I'll find his link and post it later. They aren't reconditioned but arrived in great shape; of the 25 only 1 is in bad shape and by bad it is only one of the plastic handles. A little hot PBW and a few o-rings and of course a little elbow grease and I think I've gotten the kegs for a steal.
Just found his info. On our forum he is Pedalbiker and below is his ebay store.
Pedalbiker
http://stores.ebay.com/keggle-brewing
Things went well.

Back