Flying Dog - Clasic Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deofol

Reaction score
I have to say, I had been putting off trying these guys brew for a while. The whole "cheeky" attitude kinda turned me off from them being a serious brew house, and just a fly by night craft brewer trying to get market share by being "different and flashy".

Well, the guy at the beer store kept raving about their Pale ale, so I said screw it and grabbed a sixer. :rockin:

Wow... I'm impressed! I mean really impressed! This is some good, well hopped and balanced pale. IMO, ranks right up there with Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, if not even a tad more drinkable in the long run. I even started rationing it out in between other beers to keep it around longer.

Might even have to get a 5g slim keg to keep around in-between homebrews.

Anyone else tried their stuff?

+1 on Flying Dog beers, I like them all except their wheat beer ( I don't like many wheat's), plus they have cool labels.

I've had several of their beers. Old Scratch is a good one, too...had it on tap once, and that led me to try out their other stuff. The Pale is good, Double Dog is good. I had one other that I can't remember offhand. I'm hoping to pick up their Canis Major sampler pack when my local store starts carrying it.

I enjoyed their pale, but still prefer sierra nevada. Their Snake dog was pretty good too.

Greg

I must be the exception to the rule because all the Flying Dog beers I have had have been really sub par. The pale ale was the best but it was still not great. And the Barrel Aged Gonzo Imperial Porter was horrible. Tannic as hell with very little malt or roast flavor.

I didn't like their Dogtoberfest but I haven't tried anything else by them, I'm always looking for good porters so maybe I'll give them a try.

Back