The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The system will be tested several times before we go live so hopefully we won't have a PTN moment on our first official batch.

The cookout idea would be awesome but I am skeptical that'll fly with the neighbors or landlord. We'll see though.

I am sure The Nurse can confirm but "female yeast" is primarily lacto (seriously) and while we definitely wanna go with sours at some point, we probably don't want to tie up fermenter space (and just regular storage space) with sours just yet.

Chics are a great lacto source though... So I'm told.

I am sure The Nurse can confirm but "female yeast" is primarily lacto (seriously) and while we definitely wanna go with sours at some point, we probably don't want to tie up fermenter space (and just regular storage space) with sours just yet.

Chics are a great lacto source though... So I'm told.

Huh. Ive seen on those doctor type shows that their yeast gives them a fishy smell. But in beer lacto bacteria doesn't do tha at all.

Lacto isn't yeast

Yes. I said it was a bacteria.

I really don't know the composition of female yeast extract strains. But they call them yeast...and it causes a fishy smell.

*sigh*

I wont try so hard for the one liner next time.:eek:

edit: On a related thought. If female "yeast" is really lacto bacteria, can I use monostat or vagisil to clean and sanitize my equipment after brewing a sour?

Funniest movie scene ever was a Farley Brothers movie with Jim Carey playing a schizophrenic cop shopping in a grocery store. Some lady walks up to the register with some Vagisil without a price tag and Carey gets on the intercom and calls for a "Price check on Vagisil , I need a price check on Vagisil. Somebody's bakin' bread and it smells lime sourdough!"

I was with my daughters about ten years ago when I saw that and I laughed do hard and was so totally horrified at the same time.

Fortunately, they're used to me.

Thomas played great. Made some monster saves in the third. He's been hit or miss a bit this season. Glad he's showing his playoff form from last year.

"There's something about this beer that makes me feel all safe and secure and warm inside. I think it's because the aroma reminds me of my mother."

Is it just a coincidence that I'm getting two root canals on Friday the 13th, Red Sox Opening Day?

Honest to God, my dentist is using every farkin' tool known to man this morning. She has a floor jack prying my mouth open do she can get the 500cc chain saw in there. I have this cute little Vietnamese girl for a dentist but I swear she did her residency at the Hanoi Hilton. I'm on a ten minute break till the bleeding slows down. I hope she's open tomorrow so I can come back for more.

Rumor floating around out there about who's going to throw out the first pitch today.

Tim Wakefield.

Rumor about who's going to catch it?

'Tek.

Be pretty cool if they do that. It was time for both to retire, but have to give mad props to everything they gave the organization over the years.

Wake is a class act. During the playoffs when he'd start one night and then come out the next night for bullpen support without b*tching? Class. I was really impressed when he came out in '03 when Pedro wanted to stay in waaay to long and the ship was sinking in the playoffs to the Yanks. Then Boone hit the HR. Then he makes the All Star Game for the first time being the Sox top winner and then the next year people say he's washed up? He always handled the pressure with class and produced whenever asked. Hats off Wake.

He seemed to get a little too focused on his own records last year, and Tito seemed too accommodating of him even when he wasn't pitching all that well (when he was really pitching like ****). Comments he made after the season that seemed to be much more Wake-focused than Red Sox-focused also kind of didn't sit well; probably forgivable in most other years, but not after how last season ended. Maybe he just had a tin ear and didn't realize how his focus on "I want to get two hundred wins!" instead of "I want to come back and help the team, I hate how last year ended" would sound.

But yeah, doesn't take away from everything else he brought to the organization for so many years. Just didn't end the way it should have.

Is it just a coincidence that I'm getting two root canals on Friday the 13th, Red Sox Opening Day?

Honest to God, my dentist is using every farkin' tool known to man this morning. She has a floor jack prying my mouth open do she can get the 500cc chain saw in there. I have this cute little Vietnamese girl for a dentist but I swear she did her residency at the Hanoi Hilton. I'm on a ten minute break till the bleeding slows down. I hope she's open tomorrow so I can come back for more.

Kinky. Does she make house calls?

Back