Thoughts on Falconer's Flight hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBIV

Reaction score
Hey guys. I went on a hop-buying splurge a couple days ago and bought 6 oz of Falconer's Flight -- among other hops. I've heard plenty of good things about them, so I figured I'd buy some.

What does everyone think about the hops? Are they better for aroma and flavoring, or do they do well with bitterness?

I'm thinking of doing a single-hop IPA with the FF. I figured it's been done before and may be excellent.

Thanks guys.

IMO they're great aroma hops. I believe it's just a blend of the more popular American hops. I've only used them once, for aroma and dry hopping, but it was fantastic.

IMO they're great aroma hops. I believe it's just a blend of the more popular American hops. I've only used them once, for aroma and dry hopping, but it was fantastic.

Think it would work for bittering, too? A little bitter, a ton of aroma IPA?

Sure. Or you could use a clean bittering hop like magnum, and blast it at the end with the falconers flight. Dry hop it too. The citra really seems to stand out in the blend.

Back