My first Pyment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangj

Reaction score
10 lbs Clover honey
31/2 gals Montepulciano red wine juice
2 gal of Detroit's best tap water.

Is two packs of wyeast to much for six gallons? I only used one packet for my mixed berry mead. What is "Montepulciano red wine juice"? Do you get that at a brew shop? Is it a base for red wine or just a must/juice? Thanks for the ideas!

I used one packet of wyeast dry mead yeast for a five galln batch, could you use more?

Is two packs of wyeast to much for six gallons? I only used one packet for my mixed berry mead. What is "Montepulciano red wine juice"? Do you get that at a brew shop? Is it a base for red wine or just a must/juice? Thanks for the ideas!

I used 2 paks becouse the Wine juice was 1.060 and I added 10lbs of honey.
Montepulciano is a Itaian Red wine.

I have a local wine juice store that presses the grapes. In the fall all the grapes from Italy and California come in and early spring from Chile.

I used one packet of wyeast dry mead yeast for a five galln batch, could you use more?

How much honey?

Are you going to back sweet it?

I have a local wine juice store that presses the grapes. In the fall all the grapes from Italy and California come in and early spring from Chile.

If you don't mind me asking, where is this located at? The guys at CnC told me about this shop awhile ago, but I forgot about it until you just brought it up.

I'm going to back sweeeten it and bottle it next week. It's good but really dry.

Back