Sierra Nevada Anniversary/Estate 25 oz Bottles - CAPPABLE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexdagrate

Reaction score
I picked up some bottles of Sierra Nevada's Estate Wet Hop and Anniversary ales for a big beer weekend. It wasn't until after popping the cork on the Black Barleywine and set the bottle next to the now-empty Estate Ale that I realized that the bottle for the Estate Ale (which is capped) and the bottle for the Anniversary Ale (which is corked) are in fact the same bottles!

These are fantastic bottles for homebrewers since they are extra-large bottles that are distinctive and cappable!

If you have any SN 25 oz bottles, definitely save them and either use them or give them to homebrewers who bottle. If you have an "in" with any bottleshops or folks who have bought these bottles, try and snag them for bottling homebrewers!

Are there any other beers out there which are normally corked which could also be capped?

Not beers, American Sparkling wine. I've never met a bottle that wouldn't take a standard bottle cap. I've saved at least 50 of them over the years, but due to kegs don't use them much.

One note, you have to use a bench capper, the Red Baron style capper wont work.

I was able to cap my SN 750 mL bottles using my emily capper, no problems!

I also appreciate that these are 750 mL bottles with BROWN glass instead of the green glass usually used with most wine bottles.

Back