Looking for a Nugget Nectar or similar recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobbieRedBeard

Reaction score
Trying to figure out what I want to do next. I know I want it to be hoppy and delicious! I have a recipe for something close to Hop Ottin IPA, but thought i'd throw this request out there.

Also, I really would like to know how to start creating my own recipes. If someone has any insight on how to get myself started on this that be great.

Getting started on your own recipes is as simple as diving in and experimenting. I started off by researching what other people had done for their beers, and I would do something close with a little bit of a difference to make it my own.

What really helped me was a book called "designing great beers". It's a little lengthy and maybe not for a new brewer, but it's the best resource out there for recipe creation...in my opinion. It mostly helps the all-grain brewer, but if you're doing extract, I'm sure you'll find some benefit from it too.

+1 on what suthrn said for recipe building

As for the NN recipe, I haven't done it with extract, but depending on how much grains you want to steep, this is probably a good starting point for the malt bill:
3.75lbs Extra Light DME
3.75lbs Munich DME (Briess is only 50% munich)
1.5lbs Vienna malt
0.25lbs C60
and a clean yeast like Fermentis S-05 or WLP001
Alot more debate on what the hop schedule should look like, but they list the hops at their website if you want to try out your own: http://www.troegs.com/our_brews/nugget_nectar.aspx

Latest posts

Back