'MUST BREW' list

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkeeg

Reaction score
What's on yours? What should I brew tomorrow?

On tap now I have a rich lager, a strong dark ale (think arrogant bastard, but near black), and just finished a wheat beer and a "kriek" sort of sour fruit juice beer.

On the way is a straightforward red beer for my friends, and a Haus Pale.

Chocolate espresso stout and a Wit Beer. I would have brewed the chocolate espresso today but I owe my wife a light beer, so I'm brewing a Hefeweizen instead. :(

with a maibock, scottish 70/-, an ESB on tap, and an IPA in the primary, i'm brewing a porter tomorrow. ohiobrewtus' to be exact. need to get going on my oktoberfest soon.

i'd like to brew a Lachouffe Hobolon clone soon, and a kolsch.....so many beers, so little time.

What's on yours? What should I brew tomorrow?

On tap now I have a rich lager, a strong dark ale (think arrogant bastard, but near black), and just finished a wheat beer and a "kriek" sort of sour fruit juice beer.

On the way is a straightforward red beer for my friends, and a Haus Pale.

For me, it's things that use new techniques or are very different--your sour is a great example, that's coming up on my list.

I'd suggest doing a heavily kettle-caramelized Scottish Ale if you haven't. It smells _so_ good during the reduction.

Avery Maharaja
Lemongrass/Pomegranate/Coriander Wheat
Vanilla/Oak Yeti Imperial Stout
St. Bernardus 12 or another fantastic Quadruple (the most recent Sweet water Dank Tank springs to mind).

On tap I currently have an Imperial Brown Ale of my own design.

A saison, wee-heavy with peated malt, more wit bier this time with grapefruit zest and dry hopped, another PtE clone recipe, Two hearted clone, and a RIS not sure on recipe though.

I found a recipe on the forum for an irish carbomb stout. gonna try that eventually. but first im gonna make a simple amber ale for all my friends

It's something near New Glarus' "Crack'd Wheat". German Hefeweizen yeast, and American hops including Amarillo. It's really a treat, especially in the summer. Perhaps not a hoppy German wheat beer, but more of a wheat-based pale ale...but with a German yeast? hmm..

Hmmmmm, you think think Crack'd Wheat has Amarillo? I never could put my finger on it, but sure seems right in retrospect...

Just brewed a dark lager yesterday. On the list:

Red Chair NWPA clone
Modus Hoperandi clone
Phoenixx Double ESB clone
Oktoberfest
Pliny the Elder clone
Imperial Pils
A lambic

Vanilla Bourbon Oaked Porter and Founder's B-Fast Stout up next, I have a pipeline full of hoppy IPA's, so I wanted to break out of the box.

Back