PID not reading correct help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LKHA

Reaction score
doing some test runs for toomarrow brew and have found the auber RTD is reading approx 20 dEG cold is there any calibration I can do? Have used two therms to verify this thnaks in advance

Have you immersed it in ice water? I find the readings are all over the place when left open to room temp. If necessary there is and offset parameter. The inputs can be setup for thermistors or RTD's. Make sure your setup is correct. I find it hard to believe it's 20 °F off.

There is an offset in the auber PIDs to help calibrate the temp sensor. It is a +/- value you can set. Read the manual. The setting variable you need to change is "Pb".

If you are using a thermocouple, good luck. If the PID changes temp (i.e., gets warm), the reading will be incorrect. This does not apply to thermistors and RTDs.

There is an offset in the auber PIDs to help calibrate the temp sensor. It is a +/- value you can set. Read the manual. The setting variable you need to change is "Pb".

If you are using a thermocouple, good luck. If the PID changes temp (i.e., gets warm), the reading will be incorrect. This does not apply to thermistors and RTDs.

passedpawn - OP said RTD, and the actual differential setting varies between PID models.

20F seems like a big offset. I calibrated mine in a glass of ice water last night and it was only off by 1F. Mine is on an Auber 2352. Have you modifed the cable for a panel mount or anything?

Back