Oetiker clamps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgaepi

Brewer In Need Of Guidance
Reaction score
I see these recommended but not easy to find. For a 1/2 inch silicone tube over one of bargainfittings.com 5/8 barb, which size oetiker clamp do I need? And any recommended online sources?

I have my 1/2" ID silicon tubing forced over 1/2" NPT threads on my fittings without any clamps. You could use a zip tie or similar to secure the hose on the oversize bar.

Oetiker clamps are great for high pressure lines like CO2 and beer line in the keggerator.

I have the camlocks with barbs. I don't trust zip ties or just leaving the tubing as is.

I see these recommended but not easy to find. For a 1/2 inch silicone tube over one of bargainfittings.com 5/8 barb, which size oetiker clamp do I need? And any recommended online sources?

IIRC, I think Keg Connection carries them. I haven't used them on silicone tubing, but I have used them on some gas and beer lines. I found some at Lowe's for PEX tubing which were not the size I needed, so I bought some that were a little too large, then wrapped the tubing (vinyl) with several layers of heavy duty teflon tape. Then used some big pinchers instead of the expensive tool for the O-clamps. Works great. Lowe's only had 3 different sizes and the size listed on the bags is misleading because it corresponds to PEX tubing sizes, not actual tubing OD.

EDIT: I just checked my parts bin and the only sizes of O-clamps that Lowe's had are 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4. The 1/2 is too small and the 3/4 is going to be quite a bit too large. The ID of the 3/4 clamp is over 7/8 inch and the clamp is labeled 23.3 which I believe is the ID in mm, unclamped.

It looks like the clamps from KegConnection are a little small, if their sizes are in mm.
3/4" is 19mm, I only see up to 17mm.

Here's an old thread from homebrewtalk with a McMaster part number.

I found them today at installation supply something or other for 17c each. Then $10 for the pliers and $8 shipped. Not bad.

I got mine from Installation Parts as well.

On my setup for 1/2" silicon on 5/8 barbs, the 22-6 were the right size. 19-8 was too small. It wouldn't pass over the hose once it was on the barb.

I bought a bunch of different sizes so I can custom fit.

I also prefer these over worm clamps (I've replaced all my worm clamps). No tails hanging around to snag on. Also, I think they make the hosing look cooler. Not a real concern, I just like things to have a clean look to them.

Just noticed that a deal will be up shortly 02:00 (PST) on Amazon for an Oetiker kit. Might be overkill, and I don't know what the deal price will be, but there you have it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back