Where do you keep your recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little bit of everything for me. I usually post them on my blog, but I also use Beersmith and I keep a brewing notebook. I have some favorite food recipes that I've lost, so I'm not taking any chances with beer recipes...redundancy is my friend.

Beersmith.
Beersmith now has a recipe cloud so you can store and share your recipes with others as well as use theirs. There is now a cloud tab in Beersmith 2.1 that has instant access to your recipes online. You can synchronize your recipes between two computers that way.

I keep mine online at Brewmasters Warehouse. I use the brew builder, that way if it turns out great, I can go in and re-order it with one click. If I want to change it, I can. It's a great site and a great store. You can access other's recipes as well. It's pretty coll to find out someone has bought your recipe.

www.brewmasterswarehouse.com

I keep mine online at Brewmasters Warehouse. I use the brew builder, that way if it turns out great, I can go in and re-order it with one click. If I want to change it, I can. It's a great site and a great store. You can access other's recipes as well. It's pretty coll to find out someone has bought your recipe.

www.brewmasterswarehouse.com

Yeah we have lots and lots of people do exactly what you do. Heck even people that do not shop with us have recipes saved in the brew builder. The public shared recipes are a fraction of the total recipes that are in the database. 3984 shared and total recipes in database >25K

I use Brewtarget, so I just print my recipes directly from there. My mineral additions and mash/decoction details don't really come out in the most logical format, but it does a well enough job so that I can go back to them in the event my computer ever crashes/gets stolen/gets run over by a car and I lose them.

Yeah we have lots and lots of people do exactly what you do. Heck even people that do not shop with us have recipes saved in the brew builder. The public shared recipes are a fraction of the total recipes that are in the database. 3984 shared and total recipes in database >25K

Yes....My Rectal Bleeding is loaded.....:drunk:

I put my beertools pro files and an excel journal in Dropbox. It syncs to both my computers and keeps a copy in the cloud.

I save them in promash and have detailed text file write ups for each brew on two different hard drives as well. I probably should print them all out sometime in case of total PC disaster...

I use beer smith to make my recipes. Print out the recipes and put them in a three ring binder with sheet protectors . If I brew the same batch , on the back of the sheet i note any changes to the recipe and my gravity readings . It has worked out pretty well so far

I use BeerSmith with several folders: a brew log, new recipes that are ready to brew, recipes I've brewed that I want to tweak, and recipes that I want to brew again. My BeerSmith data is in my Dropbox folder. On brew day, I transcribe my recipe to a notebook to have handy and jot down notes during the session. I do my strike water calculations with Brewzor right before mash-in to ensure accuracy. These calculations get jotted down and transferred back into BeerSmith along with the rest of my brew day notes.

I keep a binder/portfolio with printed brew log sheets I found on the internet in clear sheet protectors. I keep it with my copy of the complete joy of homebrewing and a couple of whitelabs pamphlets. Makes recipe and brew day planning easy. A binder is also nice because you can clip recipes out of BYO and just put them in a sheet protector.

I use BeerToolsPro and keep the recipes there, sort of a master file. Then each time I brew, I use a printed copy for notes, etc and put them in a 3 ring notebook. I have found it useful to look back through the history of making the "same" recipe and understand what process or recipe changes have done to the different beers.

I use beersmith, brewtarget, BrewR and a simple word doc to save my recipies electronicly. I also keep a paper copy thats stashed somewhere in one of my brewing equipment bins.

Beer Alchemy on my desktop and iPad. I print out the ones I brew and they go into a three ring binder along with the brew notes.

I use hopville a lot to adjust recipes for different hop AA levels, grain levels, etc. I'll save the sheet or print it, but then it all gets transferred into a nice portfolio that I got for Christmas last year. It's basically a big lab book that now has all my recipes, brew day comments, procedures, and other misc brewing info it in (hops subs, grain profiles, stuff like that).

I use Beersmith exclusively. I make very few petep1980 originals, and I'd say 90% of my batches are recipes I got out of a book and the only changes made were due to availability. I do add notes in case I make the recipe again what I would change, as well as the techniques I used.

I'd love to develop my own recipes, but in 3+ years of Brewing I have made 2 batches worth considering house recipes, a IPA and Ed Wort's Porter.

I create them on my Droid in BrewR. If it's a keeper, I put into Word in my Beer folder and print out a hard copy as a back up just in case.

smalliewader said:
I create them on my Droid in BrewR. If it's a keeper, I put into Word in my Beer folder and print out a hard copy as a back up just in case.

Do you do AG or extract? I'm having frustrations with brewr...most likely user error I'm sure

Back