Kettle to pump fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcmccoy

Reaction score
Whats the best way to go from my keggles to my march pump. I have hose barsbs on the end of my ball vales now but I am thinking quick disconnects would be better. I am also trying to figure out how to attch my hose to my recirculation arm.

What fitting do you guys use?

Just switched to camlocks too. Bargainfittings ships them along with high temp silicone o rings. I'm using 90 degree street elbows threaded directly into silicone hose with the female type B coupling attached to the elbow. Type F on ball valves and type A on pump inlets. I sanded the threads on the elbows a little to take off the sharp edges. Works great. You get full flow this way vs using the fittings with barbs. Learned all of this from BobbyM and others here on the forum.

Camlocks... With the high temp silicone from BargainFIttings.com

I vaguely remember having a conversation with the lady at ProFlow Dynamics, about a years or so ago and she mentioned that they had a bunch of people buying the 1/2" fittings all of the sudden.... I mentioned homebrewing and that someone posted their site on here... Next thing I know, they have a "Homebrew" section on their site...

Just switched to camlocks too. Bargainfittings ships them along with high temp silicone o rings. I'm using 90 degree street elbows threaded directly into silicone hose with the female type B coupling attached to the elbow. Type F on ball valves and type A on pump inlets. I sanded the threads on the elbows a little to take off the sharp edges. Works great. You get full flow this way vs using the fittings with barbs. Learned all of this from BobbyM and others here on the forum.

Man, it's like you're inside my head with all that :D I have the exact same setups between HLT, MLT and BK to and from my pumps.

Gotta love those camlocks with the silicone O-rings - and snaps to Bargainfittings for keeping the prices reasonable!

The only question I have is: has anyone found a use for all those cotters and rings? I know what they're supposed to be used for, but I find it hard to believe anyone actually uses those cotters for that...

Cheers!

Man, it's like you're inside my head with all that :D I have the exact same setups between HLT, MLT and BK to and from my pumps.

Gotta love those camlocks with the silicone O-rings - and snaps to Bargainfittings for keeping the prices reasonable!

The only question I have is: has anyone found a use for all those cotters and rings? I know what they're supposed to be used for, but I find it hard to believe anyone actually uses those cotters for that...

Cheers!

I use the rings to hang the hoses on my ball valve handles...not what they are for, but it works. lol

I use the rings to hang the hoses on my ball valve handles...not what they are for, but it works. lol

Actually, that's a pretty useful tip! The cotters will most likely end up in a parts bin but using the rings to hang the hoses is a fine idea. And thanks for that!

Cheers!

Back