Tattoo?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any Tattoos?

• Yes, one

• Yes, two or more

• No

• None of your business!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got a tattoo when I was 18. This was way before many women got them- it was quite a statement. I was in the Army and we got drunk and got tattoo'd. I went first, so ended up with a very small rose on my.......hip. The other girls didn't come out so easy- they were pretty loaded, and one had a full unicorn on her bosom. It was HUGE! The others were also pretty well decorated, too.

Yooper Chick said:
I got a tattoo when I was 18. This was way before many women got them- it was quite a statement. I was in the Army and we got drunk and got tattoo'd. I went first, so ended up with a very small rose on my.......hip. The other girls didn't come out so easy- they were pretty loaded, and one had a full unicorn on her bosom. It was HUGE! The others were also pretty well decorated, too.

Ok lorena- you opened this can of worms- Let's see the tat!

BTW was it the unicorn or the bosom that was huge???:D

No i don't have any tattoos not that i don't like them i just cant seem to think of anything i would want.

Nothing pisses me off more then how on the tattoo shows people get all these animals and weird writing that means all this crap in different cultures.

While we are on things that piss me off those damn 18 year old 105 pound winy punk kids/bands that think they are all hardcore cause they are covered in tattoos.

I have been wanting a tat for about 15 years but cannot decide. Currently I am thinking of MrCoolCat (my avator). what do you think?

I don't have any tattoos and for the longest time I swore I never would. Now that I'm in my 40s I've actually thought about it. I don't know what or where but the idea intrigues me.

I love my ink. I had my college friends try a homemade tat it was pretty painful and ugly so I had a pro fix it up. I have another one on my chest and always looking to get a new one.

took me until i was 39 to get mine

tattoo.JPG

I've got 5 altogether.

1. Kanji (cliche, I know) that says 'Leo' for my astrological symbol, on my right leg.
2. Celtic knot on my right bicep that defines the completness of self.
3/4. Greek letters, 'Alpha' and 'Omega,' standing for 'The Beginning and the End.'
5. Lotus flower on the back of my right calf. My sister and I got the same tattoo, together.

Would really like to get more, but as of right now I really have no idea when that will happen. (Or if it ever will)

Bernie Brewer said:
BTW was it the unicorn or the bosom that was huge???:D

Well, it certainly wasn't her chest. She was pretty flat!

Trust me, you don't want to see mine. In the last 25 years, the petals on my rose have drooped!

Nope! I try to picture myself at age 60 looking at this tattoo. I haven't found anything yet that I would want now and then.

I don't have any and don't really like them. I especially dislike when girls have those big ones all the way across the small of their back.

I had a girlfriend that had one on her hip - just a small one.

beer4breakfast said:
Think of something that is meaningful to you. Both of my tats signify transitional moments in my life when I suddenly realized something that was important to me; an epiphany of sorts in both cases.
I came close to getting one with a few buddies after we had a friend hang himself. Not something i would like to remember every time i look at my arm so decided against it.

rdwj said:
I don't have any and don't really like them. I especially dislike when girls have those big ones all the way across the small of their back.

I had a girlfriend that had one on her hip - just a small one.
My gf has hmmm...3? one on her wrist, small of the back & ankle.

Lord Sterrock Hammerson 8 said:
My gf has hmmm...3? one on her wrist, small of the back & ankle.

Well different people like different things - I like my girls ink-free. I kinda like piercings, as long as there aren't a ton of them - and I think the eyebrow ones look odd.

I have some konji on my right arm. Nothing fancy, but I like it.

IMG_6211.jpg

I want to get some more on the other arm with some color, but it's been de-prioritized over the years. I've never once regretted the tat (and it really does NOT hurt very much), but it's not that big a deal whether I get more or not.

Yes i have tattoo's, Butt.... I have rules 1) NO Names 2) No tattoo's that can't be hidden. Unless you like a R.N. with full sleeves? By in large I love tattoo's and would have many. Buttt... society and proffessional bias, itself keeps me restrained.:rockin:

the_bird said:

What does that mean?

I'll show a pix of my tattoo if you want- I'd have to take one. It's just a sad, pathetic little rose that has seen much younger and perkier days. I actually don't think about it unless it shows, like when I"m in a swimsuit or something.

Yooper Chick said:
What does that mean?

I'll show a pix of my tattoo if you want- I'd have to take one. It's just a sad, pathetic little rose that has seen much younger and perkier days. I actually don't think about it unless it shows, like when I"m in a swimsuit or something.

If you got the tat when you were 18, that makes it about 10 years old, should still be 'perky' as you put it.

;)

the_bird said:

IMG_6211.jpg

I want to get some more on the other arm with some color, but it's been de-prioritized over the years. I've never once regretted the tat (and it really does NOT hurt very much), but it's not that big a deal whether I get more or not.

Nothing like a night of doing blow with your kids.

Yooper Chick said:
What does that mean?

The top part means "wisdom," the bottom part means "strength."

What was kinda odd is right after I got mine, I noticed that one of my favorite Celtics players had the exact same "strength" tat in the same spot. Definately not intentional.

And YES, the irony of having "strength" inked on my decidedly scrawny arm is not lost on me ;)

I have two. One on my hip - a Psychic Cross with thorn vines wrapped around it. I drew it myself. The psychic cross look like this:

pytv.gif

Then on my shoulder, I have a skull with a Taurus symbol in it. It was originally supposed to be like a Grateful Dead skull, but it ended up more evil looking. I dig it. Wife hates it.

olllllo said:
For those of you considering a kanji (or hanzi: Chinese pinyin) tattoo or those of you that already do, I advise you to read this blog.
http://www.hanzismatter.com

One of my wife's friends knows Chinese, so everything was vetted ahead of time ;)

The actual writing of the characters was done by my wife, the tattoo artist copied her work, which is kinda cool, too.

the_bird said:
The top part means "wisdom," the bottom part means "strength."

What was kinda odd is right after I got mine, I noticed that one of my favorite Celtics players had the exact same "strength" tat in the same spot. Definately not intentional.

And YES, the irony of having "strength" inked on my decidedly scrawny arm is not lost on me ;)

That's very cool. My tattoo was done in a moment of youthful drunkeness- I wish I would have put some thought into it. When you're 18, 40 or 50 is eons away.

My tattoo was done in 1982. 30 was still 12 years away! I think "wisdom" and "strength" are awesome reminders of your lifeforce. Much better than a droopy old faded rose on a hip!

My first one i got shortly after I got onto the fire department. I consider unfinished since I would still like to put a star of life behind it (for being a paramedic) and I want to add 1 bugel (for being promoted to LT)
Rex033.jpg

My second one I got short after my brothers death
DSCN0389.jpg

Yooper Chick said:
That's very cool. My tattoo was done in a moment of youthful drunkeness- I wish I would have put some thought into it. When you're 18, 40 or 50 is eons away.

My tattoo was done in 1982. 30 was still 12 years away! I think "wisdom" and "strength" are awesome reminders of your lifeforce. Much better than a droopy old faded rose on a hip!

How about getting a new one every ten years? That would look 'interesting'. ok, maybe not good at all...

Heres a question for you Ms Yooper Chick, what tats do you think look good on blokes?

My wife knows a ****ed up guy who has a tatoo of himself on his arm. Speed Freak.

dibby33 said:
How about getting a new one every ten years? That would look 'interesting'. ok, maybe not good at all...

Heres a question for you Ms Yooper Chick, what tats do you think look good on blokes?

I love Pumbaa's picture- the one commemorating his brother. I like the_bird's konji. I don't know kleinmeister enough to decide yet- to me it's about the person and why they choose what they choose. I'm not a tattoo fan, actually, unless it's something like that. I hate watching NCAA college or NBA games, and the guys are all tattoo'ed. C'mon- you're 20 years old- save one arm for life experiences! I like it to have meaning and depth. Of course, I'm older now and find different things attractive than I did 20 years ago.

I told my kids (now 17 and almost 15) NOT to get a tattoo or strange piercing until (unless) they know who there are and what it means. I'm going to be 90 someday, and in some nursing home, and the people giving me a bath are going to be like, "God! Another old chick with a rose on her A**. Gross!"

Back