Bud Light Golden Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demon

Reaction score
Just saw the commercial for this. Finding it rather strange to start marketing a new wheat beer going into the fall/winter season. Anyone tried it?

Yeah I have. It's what you would think a light Belgian style wheat beer would taste like. Not overwhelming on the spices or yeast characteristics. It's another try for bud to get into the craft market. Does it have flavor? Yes, but not much. I would take a bud american ale before it.

. Not overwhelming on the spices or yeast characteristics. Does it have flavor? Yes, but not much. I would take a bud american ale before it.

I agree, it's pretty bland, tastes okay. Does't seem to have much alcohol neither.
A friend of mine bought it to go along with this weeks football games. Would i buy it again, don't think i would..

Wouldn't agree on the american ale though.. i'd prefer this over it.

My local liquor store got a sample and gifted a 6 pack. It reminded me of Blue Moon. I could definitely drink golden wheat as a session beer.

Not anything mind blowing, but certainly much better than bud light.

Trying this right now. Not bad, but definitely lacking too much to be considered a "craft" beer. If this stuff was as cheap as BL/ML, I'd drink it for sure though.

I thought it was good. There are others I'd prefer, but it wasn't bad at all.

i had three just now. it's alright. is it called bud light just for name recognition?

i prefer sam adams summer ale over this.

I tried this the a few weekends ago at a beer fest. I got to say I did not like it but I am glade to see the big boys trying new styles.

I am going to have to try it, may be my new light drinking beer. Then again maybe not if they charge the same as other wheat beers.

I tried this over the weekend and I say no. The beer is too light for the orange and coriander and they overpower it. Does not have the body of a good wheat beer so those flavors are too much IMO.

Back