why does my head look like this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fayderek14

Reaction score
These were brewed in march. Kinda forgot all about them. Refrigerated last night and just opened it tonight. Any idea why it looks like this?

ForumRunner_20131008_212349.png

Is this a stout? And usually you want to give it 48 hours in the fridge.

Its actually a citra blonde ale. Good to know I will leave it in the fridge a bit longer.

I'm guessing your head looks like that because your Mom strapped you to a board when you were a baby.
Oh, the beer? No idea.

I would have never thought it was a blonde. :) But back to the fridge for you my friend. If you brewed and presumably bottled back then, this ale should be damn delicious. How did it taste minus the frothy cappuccino like head?

I think the color was because of the angle and the flash. The color is really a golden blonde. As for the taste, its pretty damn awesome.

The beer is fine, the hops can affect the head. It's rather late for me right now, but I seem to remember it has something to do with the acids(don't remember if alpha or beta) interact with proteins and can create stronger foam and head structure. John Palmer talks about it in one of the long technical YouTube videos. Let me guess, does it leave a "lacing" appearance down the side of the glass as you drink it?

Latest posts

Back