Correct me if I'm wrong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usaftrevor87

Reaction score
Ok, so I bottled for the first time tonight.
My bottles had a little CO2 carb foam when bottling. Should I be worried about bottle bombs?
I did stabilize before bottling; so i should be good right? Cause its post bottling fermentation that creates bottle bombs & not residual CO2... Right?

You shouldn't have any foaming when racking into the bottles. Depending on how long ago you stabilized/racked last, the worse case may be a few popped corks. It's hard to resist the want to bottle too soon, but it's important the wine is completely still before doing so.

FlyinDan1017 said:
You shouldn't have any foaming when racking into the bottles. Depending on how long ago you stabilized/racked last, the worse case may be a few popped corks. It's hard to resist the want to bottle too soon, but it's important the wine is completely still before doing so.

Well that should be fun!
It was apfelwein. Sat for 3 months until fermentation stopped. Then racked onto stabilizer & let sit for bout 30 days.
Edwort's didnt say anything bout degassing, so i didnt think about it. Now I think I should've....

If you truly stabilized, no worries. The wine might be a bit tart and slightly sparkling, but shake it or pull a vacuum with a Vac-U-Vin before serving.

Back