Finally the Homebrewing will begin!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbower

Reaction score
I have finally ordered my winemaking equipement, anyone have any suggestions on my first batch. I am thinking of making Skeeter Pee for my annual Halloween party. Any others that may be a hit, and quicker fermenting time like SP. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cider, perhaps? Did you order any kegging equipment too? I'm drinking my first batch of carbed, sweetened cider and I love it. SP is next for me.

Welch's White Grape Peach wine seems to do very well. There are several variations to the recipe with slightly different results here and there. My batch is 2.5 months old and is already nice. Here is the recipe I used:

1 gallon of Welch’s White grape juice
3.5 gallons of Welch’s White grape peach juice
4 cups of cane sugar (Just make sure gravity is at 1.070)
2 pounds of peaches
4 tsp of pectin enzyme
3 tsp of yeast nutrients (DAP)
2 tsp of Yeast Energizer (1 tsp added 24 hours after yeast pitch & the second 48 hours.)
5 crushed campden tablets
Yeast = Lalvin 71b (This yeast is important if you want it good as a young wine)

Mix everything up except yeast and wait 24 hours. Make sure to whip up or shake up the must plenty in that first 24 hours to introduce plenty of oxygen into the must. Pitch the yeast and let her run. When the peaches are all sunk to the bottom you can rack it for the first time. Stabalize with more Camden and potassium sobate. Back sweeten it to a gravity of 1.015. I do not think this was very good dry, but may be with aging. At the 1.010 - 1.015 it tasted good. Use finning agents to get it really clear in time for your party.

cider for sure!!! boooyah apples of joy.....sorry guys im drinking my apple wine so im a bit happy right now

Thanks for the quick recipe, Arpolis. I think I might have to get another carboy and do both!

apple wine is good too i just got done with a batch and its the best light colored wine ive ever made

Latest posts

Back