New White Labs Strain - 670 Farmhouse Blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homebrewtastic

Reaction score
I just saw this at my LHBS. It's a new strain from White Labs! I'm a saison freak and plan to get a batch fermenting ASAP with it.

WLP670 American Farmhouse Blend
Inspired by local American brewers crafting semi- traditional Belgian-style ales. This
blend creates a complex flavor profile with a moderate level of sourness. It consists of a
traditional farmhouse yeast strain and Brettanomyces. Great yeast for farmhouse ales,
Saisons, and other Belgian-inspired beers.
Attenuation: 75-82%
Flocculation: Medium
Optimum Fermentation Temperature: 68-72°F
(20-22°C)
Alcohol Tolerance: 5-10%

wow! There doesn't even seem to be any info on the Whitelabs site about this yet (other than announcing that there will be 3 new strains for 2011 including an American Saison, and the platinum release schedule says not until May. very anxious! don't see it at any of the online retailers yet...

Wish I had known about this before ordering ingredients last week. I picked up vials of WLP565 Saison and WLP650 Brett B. to mix together for my next batch. This sounds like it would have been perfect for me.

2Byps.jpg

Back