MD, DC, DE, South PA Brewday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Afternoon storms are likely - let's get this thing going early. I think we'll be heating mash water for our 10g batch around 8am.

Whatever time you all want to show up - cool with me as long as it's after 8. :)

I'm moving some items out of the garage into the house so we have some extra room to brew in the garage if needed, but likely only 1 burner will fit in there.

That rain tent might be a good idea. :)

Yeah, I will bring my tent for sure.

Hey Data, wanna plan on getting there a little sooner than we discussed?

Are there any LHBS in the Joppa area that sell Wyeast? I am trying to get my hands on some Rosalare, but the 2 places near me only carry White Labs.

Call Tom(Thirsty Brewer) and ask if he has it. He doesn't open until 10, which should be early enough to run down and get some yeastie beasties.

Thanks for the heads up. I called, and he does not have the Rosalare. He said he could order it, but it would take 2 weeks. I guess I have to take a road trip to Keystone, or put an online order together.

they dont sell wyeast products :p

that being said they ARE holding one for me, but It just got there after 2 months or so of back order..... and Im not a very nice person :)

All in a all it was a succesfull day for MFF.... or whatever the hell we are calling it.

I love google images.

MonkeySplash2.jpg

It's just a monkey holding a football in a strange position. As long as you don't see monkey wanger into the football vajayjay, I don't think it would be an issue. :)

Where's the pics Mike?

Ok, here are the pics. I have done next to no editing on them. If I get bored I might screw around with one or two and try and make them look better.

Mike.jpg

mike2.jpg

pangea.jpg

ryan.jpg

ryan_boil.jpg

ryan_checking_water.jpg

ryan_checking_water2.jpg

spentgrain.jpg

stefinhydro.jpg

stefin_pouring_water.jpg

I like the pic of Claphamsa looked puzzled by the hydrometer! What the heck is that thing? :)

I see you now have tents to brew in, very posh :)

Hope you all had fun!

I like the pic of Claphamsa looked puzzled by the hydrometer! What the heck is that thing? :)

I see you now have tents to brew in, very posh :)

Hope you all had fun!

That was Stephin attempting to use this mystical device that we've never used at a brewday before.

Luckily - no pictures of Jezter looking drunk and retarded :)

Christ, I don't remember looking in the pot that many times during the entire day, yet every picture I am mesmerized with boiling liquid.

There should be at lease one picture of a broken chair.

Christ, I don't remember looking in the pot that many times during the entire day, yet every picture I am mesmerized with boiling liquid.

There should be at lease one picture of a broken chair.

Or a pic of me damn near falling backwards out of one of those chairs

Back