Cream Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimSTi

Reaction score
I'm pondering the idea of adding some wood chips soaked in Jamesons Irish Whiskey to a nice creamy stout making an Irish Cream Stout. Does anyone have any good cream stout recipes I could use as a base. I searched but didn't come up with much. Thanks :mug:

I'm drinking this right now and I could see that working really well:mug:

That's it! I'm putting 2 in the fridge tonight. It has begun. :ban:

Yah that sounds really good. I was just thinking that I might want to add some Irish Coffee beans to help complete the Irish Car Bomb Stout I'm secretly trying to make :)

Be sure to post back when you put this thing together.

You guys have any ideas how I could best emulate the irish cream flavoring that comes from the baileys? Also what's a good comparable commercial stout I could compare the dark owl too and add some jamesons to test it out. Thanks!

I wish I knew what made irish cream what it is. I would give up all this beer nonsense for that.

Comparable stouts would be Left Hand's Milk Stout, from CO, or Mackeson's XXX Stout, from England. I would try the Mackeson if you can find it. Dumping in some Jameson, that's a good idea.

Back