3rd and last Mr. Beer Brown reciepe check.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneFeather

Reaction score
I want to use the last can of Mr. Beer HME I have. Also, the specialty steeping grains are only sold in 1/2# sizes.

This is my third batch I am doing with my Mr. Beer. I know I cannot ferment this in the Mr. Beer, I will get a 5 gallon sized one.

3 gallon batch, I used QBrew to come up with this, but to check to see if I am way off on something.

2# Sparkling Amber DME
1.2# MrB High Country Canadian Draft HME
0.375 Honey

0.4# Chocolate Malt US, I thought to just t
0.5 Victory Malt

1/4 oz Kent Goldings 50 min., I have some and want to use it up
1/2 oz Willamette 50 min.

From a newbie, Thanks much,

Victory is not a steeping grain. You will not get any sugars from it.

Otherwise seems reasonable. Probably turn out something like a Brown Ale with an OG of 1.050.

I would add the honey to the fermenter after fermentation slows down to preserve some of the flavor. If the honey is coming from a clean container, you can just add it straight, or heat with a little water. Do not boil it. Unless you have stuck a dirty spoon or something in the honey, it should be sanitized already; honey is naturally preserved.

You probably already know this, but the HCCD HME should be added at flameout, not boiled. Other than that, it looks good to me.

Back