The VA haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PseudoChef

Reaction score
If you're a fellow chatter, you should know about my discontempt for TN liquor laws (i.e., can't sell anything > 6.0% abv unless in a liquor store, so selection is mediocre).

$210 later, this is the final haul. I apologize for lack of pictures, but the wife has the digital camera while she's back in her homeland of England.

Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA
Dogfish Head World Wide Stout
Dogfish Head Black and Blue
Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine
Stone XI Anniversary
Avery Mephistopheles
Duchess DeBourgegon
Wild Primitive Flemish Ale (SpoonWhacker)
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
Bayerischer Bahnhof Berliner Weiss
Allagash Grand Cru
Allagash Interlude
Allagash Curieux
Podge Belgian Imperial Stout
Gueze Girardin 1882
Smuttynose IPA
Smuttynose Winter Ale
Bell's Kalamzaoo
Bell's Two-hearted
Bell's Expedition
Samuel Adams Imperial Pilsner
Heavy Seas (Clipper City) Hop Cubed
Brooklyn Local 1
St. Bernardus Abt. 12
Ommegeddon
Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence
Russian River Damnation
Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA

Merry Christmas to me.

Lucky....

Looks like you've got some drinking to do.

Hmm, I didn't realize Ommegang put out those seasonal brews. Impressions of those would be greatly appreciated when you get to it :D.

zoebisch01 said:
Hmm, I didn't realize Ommegang put out those seasonal brews. Impressions of those would be greatly appreciated when you get to it :D.

The Chocolate Indulgence was great, but nothing spectacular. I didn't get much chocolate-ness out of it, but it was still solid. The Ommegeddon will go in the cellar for about a year.

jdoiv said:
So, when do I get to come over and help you drink, er, taste some of these? j/k

Ummm...when I come over to brew Saturday :rockin:

Evan! said:
I think you forgot about 9 or so bottles on that list...

Shhhh! Just kidding, Evan! was awesome as I have pointed out in another thread. I think he gave me one beer from everything he currently has bottled right now including the Meph clone which I'll sit on for a while.

Where did you come to in Virginia? I am just across the state line on I-81. I know of a few good places locally, but am curious where you picked up some of those.

I got some at a store in Fredericksburg called Kybecca and the rest here in Charlottesville, thanks to Evan!. Tennessee is getting better, but there's a weird 6% law that requires anything that abv and above to be sold in liquor stores, and because of overhead/etc, not many do.

Back