What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It isn't bad enough to be dumpworthy, and I'm one of those "don't dump unless you absolutely have to" types. The base beer is bland. The strawberries are very subtle (but I figured they would be even at 1lb/gallon). And I opted to transfer to a tertiary after the fruit to let any fruit gunk settle out since the last time I did a fruit beer I couldn't keep all the fruit gunk out of my bottles. Wasn't careful enough transferring and oxidized it a bit in the process.

Bad beer in, worse beer out, no?

it might make an interesting sauce...

image-3939569281.jpg

HB Maple Ale whilst tending the grill.

My haul from a visit to the store today on the left and an in person trade on the right. Abrasive was a surprise extra, I almost hugged the guy!

image-220040648.jpg

It's getting better as it ages, still not what I look for in a quad. Forgot about the sediment. Whoops.

image-2437084349.jpg

I will drink this...but it tastes rather cidery. Especially after I finished off my last lagunitas...to follow with this was just wrong. I will be going to a Belgian session after dinner because I am jealous of TNGabe. The funky beer pimp.

image-3079907306.jpg

I will drink this...but it tastes rather cidery. Especially after I finished off my last lagunitas...to follow with this was just wrong. I will be going to a Belgian session after dinner because I am jealous of TNGabe. The funky beer pimp.

The funky beer pimp? :tank: Hardly. Just someone lucky enough to brew a lot and spend a little too much on commercial beers.

Although I am going to a Hill Farmstead tasting on Saturday :mug:

You got a neck brace and your wearing a merlot helmet?

Did you ever tell me what your Belgian Session is and I missed it?

no merlot helmet. it was my Falconer's AL. and the Belgian Session was a double volume f-up. the recipe started as a Belgian Dubbel that ended up about 75% more volume than I wanted. but I ran out of propane so I decided to re-boil the next day when I could get more. the mess up was I turned the burner on with the pot on already. went downstairs to get the wort & started dumping it in. those aluminum core pots get hot fast. as soon as I started dumping, it all started evaporating and caramelizing on the bottom. then I thought too much had boiled off, so I added more water (about 2 gallons) to compensate. I ended up about 1 3/4 gallons over volume. again. I said F-it and fermented it. and it's a tasty mistake. not one I want to make again, but I was pleasantly surprised.

no merlot helmet. it was my Falconer's AL. and the Belgian Session was a double volume f-up. the recipe started as a Belgian Dubbel that ended up about 75% more volume than I wanted. but I ran out of propane so I decided to re-boil the next day when I could get more. the mess up was I turned the burner on with the pot on already. went downstairs to get the wort & started dumping it in. those aluminum core pots get hot fast. as soon as I started dumping, it all started evaporating and caramelizing on the bottom. then I thought too much had boiled off, so I added more water (about 2 gallons) to compensate. I ended up about 1 3/4 gallons over volume. again. I said F-it and fermented it. and it's a tasty mistake. not one I want to make again, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Classic. Can't wait to get a sight glass on my keggle.

4.3%- nice maltiness- mouthfull of caramel, mellow mild chocolate, slight roast, a little dry/woody bourbon barrel even, some spice, some citrus bitter on the end. One of the better handfull of Irish reds ive had. Pretty shure Ill pick up the irish stout next, their irish(american style?) pale ale was really good also. Maybe cuz American style beer is awesome? Or are we are just supersized bigger is better- freaks?

irish red.jpg

A half pint sample of my first kegged beer, an Irish Red to check the carb level which is almost there. Now a WH honey porter which is really good on a chilly night like tonight.

Back