Outdoor Burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tflew

Reaction score
So I have a keg that I am waiting to turn into a BK and in the meantime I have been looking into outdoor burners. I happen to have a Sport Chalet gift card and could get this stove for cheap. It has 2 burners and says it's 30000 BTU. Has anyone used something like this/would it be a viable option?

thanks

My Buddy uses something similar, not sure if its that exact model. I'd just make sure its wide enough for two keggles to sit in case you decide to go that route. I know he loves his.

Hi, I was using a 150,000Btu burner to heat 10 gal of wart and it took about 40min, I moved up to the banjo10" burner that's 210,000Buts and now it's a little quicker. If you want to heat a keggel you have to throw some heat!!! Your burners seem smalll at 30,000Btus

Do a thorough forum search on the burner. I am 90% sure I remember a thread from last year where a guy got this burner and it DID NOT accomodate the dimensions of a keggle.

So we ended up deciding to try it out...the burner was on sale and ended up being "free" with the gift card. We did not put the windscreen on and it was able to fit the keggle perfectly. Im not sure how it compares to other burners but it brought 10 gallons to a rolling boil relatively quickly, and was much better than the stove inside

tflew said:
So we ended up deciding to try it out...the burner was on sale and ended up being "free" with the gift card. We did not put the windscreen on and it was able to fit the keggle perfectly. Im not sure how it compares to other burners but it brought 10 gallons to a rolling boil relatively quickly, and was much better than the stove inside

Nice! Grats !

Back