Can you say SCORE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
So, today I tell my boss who is about to deliver a customer(beverage distributor) his new 4500 truck why dont you tell him that since we gave him such a smoking deal on the truck see if he can give me a smoking deal on some corny kegs they are taking out of circulation.

Ended up i had to go with him.

As we are leaving i say to the owner "hey, since we gave you a smoking deal on the truck can you make me a smoking deal on some of those kegs you are taking out of service"

He says, "ohh, we dont carry that kind of product"

i say, "no, no, not beer keg, the 5 gallons corny keg, you know, the premix soda tanks"

He says, " ahhhh, how many are you looking for?"

"i dont know, may 1 or 2" i said thinking he was going to tell me 20 or 30 per keg.

We walk behind the building and he says " here take these 2, no charge, is that enough?"

I say, "heck yeah, wow, i really appreciate this"

Hey says. "here, how about 4"

me," wow, really!? holy cow thank you so much"

him, "could you use eight?"

I fought the urge to poop myself in front of him and say "oh yeah, i would really appreciate that."

All were not full, but were holding pressure when i got home with them tonight.
SHAZAAM! Going to the hardware store tomorrow to find the o-rings.

What a great day

SCORE!!!!

$250 worth of cornies for hooking him up on the truck. Looks like you both made out!! TIME FOR CHEST FREEZER UPGRADES!

You should order the orings from Mcmaster. Dirt cheap and you'll have enough of the poppet and dip tube/gas tube ones to last you a long time (100 per pack).

That's awesome. Great score! Definitely a good thing that you didn't poop yourself. :)

gonzoflick said:
TIME FOR CHEST FREEZER UPGRADES!

Just brewed 5 gallons of an APA for a dude that gave me an ice cream serving chest style freezer. Free as well if you do not count the 14 dollars worth of ingredients.

Just incase anyone was wondering a friend of mine had a friend of his drop off 5 corny kegs at his place of work knowing that he uses them to brew. He dosent need any more so he called me and GAVE them to me putting my total at 19. Of that 19, 13 were these recent ones and all free and holding pressure when i got them. 3 of the new ones have different posts so i am going to get rid of them, most likely will trade for them. I know a guy that can get me a couple 2000 ML flasks for starters and a stir plate so the 3 will probably go to him.

yes, i am bragging.

Bernie Brewer said:
I hate you. I hate you so much I wish you would have pooped yourself.

nice score, bozo.:D

My sentiments exactly... omg I'm finding it hard to even find ANYthing decent down here, sooooo jealous!! 13 free cornys, 'free' freezer, stir plate and flask argg!!!:cross:

I think I need a homebrew.:fro:

jdoiv said:
You should order the orings from Mcmaster. Dirt cheap and you'll have enough of the poppet and dip tube/gas tube ones to last you a long time (100 per pack).

you wouldnt happen to remember the # for the orings?
thanks mike

Reverend JC said:
Just incase anyone was wondering a friend of mine had a friend of his drop off 5 corny kegs at his place of work knowing that he uses them to brew. He dosent need any more so he called me and GAVE them to me putting my total at 19. Of that 19, 13 were these recent ones and all free and holding pressure when i got them. 3 of the new ones have different posts so i am going to get rid of them, most likely will trade for them. I know a guy that can get me a couple 2000 ML flasks for starters and a stir plate so the 3 will probably go to him.

yes, i am bragging.

<Eric Cartman voice> I hate you Rev :D

ohiobrewtus said:
<Eric Cartman voice> I hate you Rev :D

<Eric Cartman voice> Aw, Randy, you're breakin' my balls here... You're breakin' my balls, Randy!

Back