Craigslist Buy - Good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justabrewin

Reaction score
As a semi-newbie, I was getting sick of bottling. I was stalking Craigslist for a good deal on a Kegerator set up and I found one yesterday. Let me know if you guys think I got a good deal or not.

For $250 I got the following:

1 Brew Master Kegerator (really clean, like new, single tower)
1 Michelob Tap Handle - meh
1 5 lb CO2 Tank
1 CO2 Regulator
1 Coors Keg
1 D Keg Coupler
1 Party Pump
24 Miller Lite Glasses
1 Thermostat

I will use the Coors Keg for a Kettle in the future.

And yes, everything works.

So what are your thoughts? Just decent? Amazing? I got screwed?

kegerator.jpg

coorskeg.jpg

co2 tank.jpg

beerglasses.jpg

I'm no expert, but I think you got a deal. I personally would have left the glasses with him as I don’t do free advertising for companies. I even make the car dealer take their logo off the car or give me another 10% off. Funny all the logos are gone when I pick up the car. Brew on!

I think this is a great deal. I was looking at a kegerator, the CO2 and a keg for $250. Dont get me wrong, Miller is evil, but thats a lot of glasses and extras.

Some CLR will take the logos off of those glasses. Then you will have gotten a pretty decent deal. Honestly, the kegerator is probably worth $250. The CO2 bottle, if it's within certification could be near $100. The keg has a $30-60 deposit on it. You did all right. Get the spear out of that keg and get her rinsed out.

Probably nothing to be worried about, but make sure everything you want to fit in the kegerator will fit. Dont want to get home and have to buy all new gear! Whats the old saying? Measure twice, buy once!:mug:

Looks like a very good deal to me. The drip tray looks unusual, probably just the photo. Nice score on the glasses too. If you want the Miller logo to stay on them keep them out of the dishwasher. I had some glasses with nice logos and after a few trips through the dishwasher the paint started coming off (maybe cheap paint). Eventually they were just clear glasses. YMMV.

Looks like a very good deal to me. The drip tray looks unusual, probably just the photo. Nice score on the glasses too. If you want the Miller logo to stay on them keep them out of the dishwasher. I had some glasses with nice logos and after a few trips through the dishwasher the paint started coming off (maybe cheap paint). Eventually they were just clear glasses. YMMV.

So what you are saying is wash repeatedly. Will do. :p

Also - Thanks everyone. The reassurance makes me feel better. I hate spending money on myself.

Screaming deal! I got a similar deal except instead of a kegerator I got homebrew equipment. I had to build my kegerator myself and that took some doing.

You got a great deal. I was trolling Craig's list this past summer looking for a fridge to do a conversion on. If I'd come across something like this I would've snapped it up.

You people and your great deals on Craigslist piss me off. I been trolling Craigslist for months and nada dang thang. The best i have seen is a 12 pack of empty grolsch bottles for $25. What a jip.

Looks like a good deal, however the keg wasn't really his to sell. That's a return keg...just saying.

The rest of it makes a deal though.

~r~

Back