Forward seal faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heywolfie1015

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with those forward seal faucets? They supposedly let you serve highly-pressurized beers on short lines without a cup full of foam. (Link to an example here.) I'm intrigued and interested if they work. If so, might go on the wish list.

Anybody have experience with those forward seal faucets? They supposedly let you serve highly-pressurized beers on short lines without a cup full of foam. (Link to an example here.) I'm intrigued and interested if they work. If so, might go on the wish list.

That link seems to show a faucet with a valve next to another valve. I guess the first valve is for friction loss? Couldn't a beer line ball valve do the same thing?

I'm honestly not sure how the mechanics work, but it looks to me like the first valve is meant to regulate the flow rate rather than the typical all-or-nothing rate you get with a Perl faucet.

Back