• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Not mine but good deal BREWPOT / HLT 9 GALLON STAINLESS HOMEBREW

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats the quality of product this guy sends out? I am def. interested in ordering one of these from him... but it almost seems like too good of a deal.

You can use this as a BK right?

I have his 7g and 13g conical. Can't comment on the pots but the conicals are not the most heavy duty/ strongest product out there but they work great for me. No problems with his conical, would recomend them and I'm sure the pots are good to, you can't beat his prices. If I needed a 9g pot I would buy his.

cool... thanks!

I think i will be getting one... you really cant beat this deal!

I have this pot w/thermometer, and the 7 gallon conical...Good stuff, nice guy. Got them over a year ago...

FYI, if you have a single tier measure to make sure the pot will fit your stand..It doesn't on mine. I got this before I got the stand though...

can someone who has this please measure it for me? I want to consider one, but ity has to fit on my stove. thanks in advance.

Mike3701 said:
You could go smaller if you had to but I wouldn't.

Is there any reason to go bigger should have been my question. 30 qt seems to be pretty common, but I don't want one that small. The next step up at Bass Pro is 60 qt.

How would this work for 5 gallon all grain batches? I'm looking to get a new kettle when I go all grain but don't want to be wishing I had something bigger 6 months from now.

How would this work for 5 gallon all grain batches? I'm looking to get a new kettle when I go all grain but don't want to be wishing I had something bigger 6 months from now.

I use it for 5gallon batches, works fine. I fill it up 7 gallons, after boil I have 5 1/2, after transfer to fermenter leaves me w/ 5 gallons of wort.

This is perfect for 5g batches. Your always going to want a bigger setup, from experience go with a 15g pot/keggle. It's not to big for 5g batches and you can do 10g when your ready for it.

This is perfect for 5g batches. Your always going to want a bigger setup, from experience go with a 15g pot/keggle. It's not to big for 5g batches and you can do 10g when your ready for it.

+1 I'm looking to convert a keg in the near future. I bought this knowing that it will do double duty as a kettle for 5 gallon batches and a HLT for larger.

Has anyone taken advantage of the Free Shipping option the guy offers on ebay? I emailed him to ask about it. He said if i pay with a check that he would ship for free, because it saves him on PayPal fees.

To me that sounded sketchy, because he is throwing in $10.69 shipping for free, and barely saving $1 on PayPal fees. Sounds like a very bad deal for him, so i wondered why he would do it. i noticed that you are not covered under ebay's buyer protection if you pay with a check, so i was a little concerned about doing that.

Paypal and the IRS are now buddies since Jan 1st...

I sent him a check. His ebay rating is through the roof and he gave me his home address to send it to.

OK thanks. Could you post an update when you receive yours, BOR?

I was also curious about size. By my calcs, if it's 12" (not 12' !) across, it should be 18.5 inches high. That sound right?

That sounds right. He is very patient with buyers. You can just email him and he'll give you the dimensions. Send me a PM in a few weeks if I flake out and forget to post the results.

I pulled the trigger on one of these yesterday, however when I tried to pay on Ebay I kept getting a message saying they can't accept payments to the sellers merchant account and to contact the seller.

I emailed the seller and was told his merchant account was down and if I would like to send a check or money order directly to him then I would receive free shipping for my trouble. That sounded very funny to me since I would no longer get protection from Ebay for the sale so I told the seller that I would wait until his merchant account was back up and pay through Ebay.

Just got an email back and he says he will cancel the purchase on ebay and save it for me until his account is back up, at which point I'll have to purchase the auction again and then checkout via Ebay.

I'm still hoping to get this but chances don't look to good that I will actually end up being able to purchase the brewpot. If I were you I would stay away from this guy because he still has the auction up even though he knows that you can't pay for it through Ebay because his merchant account is down.

distorted, I went to order this morning as well.

Glad i checked back here first and saved myself the trouble.

Ill let you know if i end up ordering.

Back to the search unfortunately

I sent him an email about the hole size...7/8" is the only way to get it. Can't get it without a hike or different size. I want to use a sight glass thermometer combo that's 9/16".

I sent him an email about the hole size...7/8" is the only way to get it. Can't get it without a hike or different size. I want to use a sight glass thermometer combo that's 9/16".

What hole? The hole for the ball valve or the port above it for a thermometer?

So I just got another email from Dave and he has offered to ship me the brewpot asap and allow me to send him a money order upon its arrival. Now that is what I call customer service. Now I don't have to worry about getting ripped off by sending a money order and bypassing ebay's protections. Assuming the item arrives as he says I would say this is a reputable seller who is willing to work with his customers. I'll post an update later after I receive the kettle.

I was going to buy one but I'm a little worried about sending a check and hoping to get one back. Let us know what happens.

I just bought and used one of these pots and must say for a China produced pot, it's very good. Heavier than my other 9 gal pot, Bayou Classic. It does show some very small draw marks inside in one area after using but otherwise the finish is very good. I checked with supplier of this pot in China and got specs. It's 2 mm thick and good quality steel. You could import them yourself if you wanted to go thru the hassle. Considering all the expense of that, the price is a real deal. I used it for HLT yesterday as its height is greater than my Bayou pot which I use for boil and plus, the new pot has the thermometer!!!

I just bought and used one of these pots and must say for a China produced pot, it's very good. Heavier than my other 9 gal pot, Bayou Classic. It does show some very small draw marks inside in one area after using but otherwise the finish is very good. I checked with supplier of this pot in China and got specs. It's 2 mm thick and good quality steel. You could import them yourself if you wanted to go thru the hassle. Considering all the expense of that, the price is a real deal. I used it for HLT yesterday as its height is greater than my Bayou pot which I use for boil and plus, the new pot has the thermometer!!!

What's the scoop with the port above the ball valve? What is the size of the thread?

Latest posts

Back