Building a man room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Planeinsane

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Brewmeisters, Beer lovers and anyone else who wants to jump in:

I am going to turn my 3rd car garage into a "Man Room". I of course want to put a beer tower (5 tap)on the counter. I have the ability to put a Keezer on the backside of the wall and counter(leaving room in the man room for other things like audio/video cabinet). My questions are.. what is the Maximum beer line length i should have? Should i use 2" or 3" PVC to run the beer lines from the counter into the keezer( hopefully getting a little cool air from it to keep the lines cold). I just want to minimize the foaming.

The other thought i had was to actually build my own refrigerator type unit that would occupy under the corner of the counter that usually is wasted space. I would posibly make it out of 2x4s and some kind of insulation foam panels. I would then load it from the backside of the wall(where the keezer would sit in option 1). Of course using the cooling portion from a chest freezer

Any thoughts?

Thank you
:mug:

I think "man I wish I could have a man room with a 5-tap beer tower and a media cabinet."

Sorry it's not productive, but I love to follow this sort of thing.

FWIW my vote is to make a custom fridge close to the taps. I bet cooling a long run of PVC is more trouble than it's worth.

Okay I'll be somewhat productive. I have built my bar (see link in signature) with a custom cold box. I used a mini fridge. If you use the freezer I dont think you should have any problem. I always thought that running those long beer lines with crazy coolant systems was both complicated and inefficient for some reason. I vote for the custom kegerator under bar!

I also love following these type of threads.

Get some pics up with some more detailed ideas /end_forceful_demands

if you do the custom chiller, make sure whatever you use (mini fridge etc) is accessible and replacable/servicable once the bar is built so you don't have to tear up the bar if the cooler ever dies. Just an idea from another thread I saw

Sorry guys..it has been a while since i posted this...things have progressed on this project actually rapidly...you know when the wife says yes you need to move fast! I have crated a gallery and put some photos of what has been built so far.

Very sweet! I really like the colors, the wood stain, and especially the fosters can bar leg. Howd you do that?

Also what size TV is that behind the bar?

Thank you! the tv is only a temporary tv(moved it in for the world series). it is 21". it is being replaced by a 46"! The bar is supported by a 2" piece of PVC pipe which is covered by the Fosters cans(i cut the top and bottom out. they fit perfectly. You could also use heinekin barrels as they are the same diamater and stack very nicely.

Back