to much priming sugar?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olatheks

Reaction score
I had some problems siphoning my beer to the bottling bucket and ended up with 4 gallons. I just realized I put the entire package of sugar that was meant for 5 gallons. Should I worry about bottle bomb?

No you should be okay. It'll carb up faster though, I do this all the time because I like my beer to be a little more carbonated than the standard 3/4 cup dextrose that most recipes call for.

What was the final gravity when you bottled?

Dammit! I just bottled mine on Saturday and didn't even think of that...my batch was a little short too, and I put a 5oz bag in too.

What did you bottle? Depending on what it is/was more carbonation could either good or horrible. Check with one of the carbonation calc sites to see what you got for CO2 volumes. Also check to see what the range is for the style of brew. If it was a porter or stout, it's pretty f'd up.

Probably just going to wind up with over carbonated beer but to be safe I would place the bottles in an enclosed container, better safe than sorry:)

Most likely you will wind up with a lot I gushing bottles:(

You're screwed bud, pack em' up and send them to your old buddy Jsmith82 for proper disposal.

Back