Scotch Porter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbaker33

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My wife and I shared a Pugsley's Series Smashed Blueberry beer from Shipyard Brewing here in Portland, ME. The beer is said to be a hybrid of a scotch ale and a porter and it is honestly one of the better beers I have had in the past few months.

Anyway, I'd like to make a clone of it, but the hybrid is a little odd to me and I was trying to figure out how I would make it. I was thinking of taking a typical Scotch Ale, and adding some roasted malts that would be associated with a porter to equal out the 9% beer.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey guys,

My wife and I shared a Pugsley's Series Smashed Blueberry beer from Shipyard Brewing here in Portland, ME. The beer is said to be a hybrid of a scotch ale and a porter and it is honestly one of the better beers I have had in the past few months.

Anyway, I'd like to make a clone of it, but the hybrid is a little odd to me and I was trying to figure out how I would make it. I was thinking of taking a typical Scotch Ale, and adding some roasted malts that would be associated with a porter to equal out the 9% beer.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,

Mark

While I don't have any specific advice, I will add some encouragement: Go for it!! :mug:

Love this beer and would love to hear how your attempt turns out. It might be worth a call to the brewery as well. I visited Shipyard last year (before I started my brewing career), otherwise I definitely would have dug around for some info.

They also just released their Smashed Pumpkin which I can't wait to try!

Back