Lightly hopped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtbagHB

Reaction score
So my girlfriend has been bugging me to make a brew that she might like. However, unlike me, she's not a huge hop head. She's a huge fan of new Belgium mothership wit. All the beers she seems to like, not like I can try them, as she puts it don't taste of hops.

Are there any mothership clones out there GF style?

I have found little point in trying to clone non-GF beers as GF, just clone the style. Casanova has given you two good attempts, let us know how yours goes. If you can get her to like what you make, you may very well have the best GF beer I would have ever tried. In other words, you have quite the task ahead of you.

Mothership is a fairly standard witbier, you should be good to go with something like the above two recipes.

My dad is here in town and I just threw another batch of my strawberry blonde together. Everyone that I've given it to likes it.

I'm regards to making a wit. I think the task ahead of me is pretty monumental. However I think the main challenge/ hindrence is that there aren't any gf witbier yeasts. So i feel that might be a major flavor contributer. With that in mind, I'm thinking that I need to run a 1 gal batch and instead of fermenting it, partition it out into jars or flasks or something and make a non gf witbier yeast gf. Then there also the possibility of capturing a wildyeast as well. Either way coopers ale yeast and Windsor ale yeasts don't seem to impart the right flavor.

I'm regards to making a wit. I think the task ahead of me is pretty monumental. However I think the main challenge/ hindrence is that there aren't any gf witbier yeasts. So i feel that might be a major flavor contributer. With that in mind, I'm thinking that I need to run a 1 gal batch and instead of fermenting it, partition it out into jars or flasks or something and make a non gf witbier yeast gf. Then there also the possibility of capturing a wildyeast as well. Either way coopers ale yeast and Windsor ale yeasts don't seem to impart the right flavor.

I've used these in my GF Wit and Hefe's

-SafBrew Specialty Ale (T-58)
-SafBrew Wheat (WB-06)

Thus far both of those beers have been nice, I like the WB-06 though. All of those are gluten free

Latest posts

Back