Easiest, Strongest and sweet beer for a beginner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stronger beers are tougher to do, if its your first shot I would suggest a Hefeweizen, Pale Ale or English Brown.

strong, cheap, and easy....add on great tasting to that list and you got apfelwein, but thats not beer. Worth a try tho

Scottish Export could be easy and at least more malty than hoppy. Not sure about strong though.

Never said cheap lol.. What i said was: Easiest, Strongest and sweet beer.

Scottish Export could be easy and at least more malty than hoppy. Not sure about strong though.

My gut says "Wee Heavy".

Are you an all-grain beginner or extract beginner? Extract you can start with anything, really. All-grain, you only have to worry about your base grain, 2 or 3 specialties, and one hop addition if you go Wee Heavy.

I did a brown ale for my 1st. It was moderately strong: 5.8% abv due to the pound of honey, pound of brown sugar, and 1/3 gallon of maple syrup I added. Came out much better than I expected for my 1st try. It was an extract with some specialty grains so just about as easy as it comes. Only thing I didn't like were the willamette hops I used, I little too mild/fruity for my taste.

Never said cheap lol.. What i said was: Easiest, Strongest and sweet beer.

Sorry, I jumped the gun on that one. Gotta read a little closer next time.

Do you mean strong as in high ABV or in terms of full-bodied flavor?

What sort of beer do you prefer to drink? That would help with recipe recommendations, although a pale ale or brown ale (or even a Scottish ale) would be my recommendations for first beers.

No prob flyangler18. Thanks for the recommendations. I like molsion beer. I would like something with around 5-7 ABV and on the sweet side. I really liked Bud Ice when it first came out then it seemed like they changed it. Then it tasted more like regular Bud (Pi$$).

DubbelDach I guess i'm a extract beginner. Beer brew in a can lol.

Slappy White no prob I didn't put that in my post. I just started that. Can't wait till it's done.

So you like american light lagers? Have you tried ales or other styles? It really doesn't pay to brew bud ice and bud light clones, nor will you be able to clone them well without a good degree of skill and special equipment for lagering. The complete lack of smell and taste found in those beers is what makes them hard to clone. There is no room for mistakes. off flavors won't be hidden. Try and Brewers Best Extract kit that sounds good. They'll all be equally easy.

My advice is to brew a pale ale kit, and add 2 lbs of dry malt extract in the last 10 minutes of the boil. It will be a little darker than you're used to, but not the overly hoppy flavor of a pale ale. I made my first IPA like this by adding an ounce of high alpha acid hops to the 60 minute addition and dry hopping with kent goldings.

Back