What would you buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam62cb

Reaction score
Let's say you received a bonus of $1,000 that was not expected and your swmbo was ok with you using it all for brewing stuff to upgrade brewing equipment. What would buy?

Faucets, gas hardware, and everything else I need to start kegging. I already have the chest freezer with a collar and the kegs, I just need the stuff to get beer out of the kegs and into my glass.

Depends on what you have. If I didn't have a structure with a pump....This one be #1 for equipment. Money spent for #1 product improvement, then ferment control.My pumps and structure are rate as a best purchase. My ferment freezer was the best investment in my beer. A stirplate, 5000ml flask, and fermentation control goes a long way. that could be had for max $200. I say 5000 because of a one size fits all. I'm now at the if I had 1K now, conical no doubt. My next piece of equipment.

What ever you get, you might want to throw a little her way just because she seems good enough to let you spend it the way you want.

Word. I will attest, the more I give the more I have been allowed to do... Wainscoating in the dining room= keezer. Patio and Fire Pit in Back Yard= 14x16 bar/gameroom in my garage (still taking bids).

gpack said:
Word. I will attest, the more I give the more I have been allowed to do... Wainscoating in the dining room= keezer. Patio and Fire Pit in Back Yard= 14x16 bar/gameroom in my garage (still taking bids).

+1

Home brew by the fire... Everyone is a winner!!

I would take the wife out for a fancy dinner and a show. Then....

I would buy whatever the rest of the budget and my tiny apartment allows for fermentation control. Ice water baths just aren't cutting it. I can keep it low, but I get 5 - 10 degree swings when I can't be home to keep an eye on it.

A few more kegs and a new kettle, but neither are needed, my setup is fine for what I need already. Maybe a new mountain bike, or something for the wife.

Some ingredients, bulk hops and the stuff to finish my keggle. Rest would be banked. I'm happy with my simple all grain system.

Good ideas so far... It us a win win, I get a few new toys and my wide gets all the homebrew she can drink!

Actually, it is kinda like tithing my wife got the first 10% already in a valentines gift, and will probably keep whatever i havent spent

Back