What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real harsh brother, real harsh. I'm going to have to drink a bottle of raw organic whine after work because of this.

Whatever keeps your hands steady. ;)

HPIM1402.jpg

Amazing beer! Sadly, I've only had it once, while I was staying in Virginia. Now that I am in Connecticut, I haven't been able to find it.

They are only $4.99 per 22 oz. here. I'd trade for some Vermont brews if you're interested. We get a wide distribution in North NJ.

They are only $4.99 per 22 oz. here. I'd trade for some Vermont brews if you're interested. We get a wide distribution in North NJ.

$4.99? Wow, that's quite a deal. I'd definitely be down for a trade. What Vermont beers are you interested in getting? I can get a lot of them here, but Heady Topper will require a special trip, which I've been meaning to make anyway, so we'll see if I can find time for that soon. Cheers!

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Whatever keeps your hands steady. ;)

Laugh it up funny guy! Is that the one brewed with grapefruit? I wasn't head over heels for that, the grapefruit with the grapefruity hops was kind of redundant. Not bad though.

Homebrew IPA. Cascadily delicious. I put a flashlight behind it in an attempt at better lighting, but it didn't work very well obviously. I don't think I'll be quitting my day job for photography anytime soon.

20121114_200930.jpg

I picked up some Belgo from New Belgium on my way home. I'm not much of a NB fan but I figured I'd try this seeing as it was mentioned a few times on here. It's not terrible, I'm enjoying aspects of it but there's a flavor that's throwing me off that I'm trying to pin down. Maybe some combination of yeast and hops.

Laugh it up funny guy! Is that the one brewed with grapefruit? I wasn't head over heels for that, the grapefruit with the grapefruity hops was kind of redundant. Not bad though.

Wouldn't surprise me, it's grapefruit-y for sure. I get peaches too. It's pretty good, but there've definitely been better Rotators.... Nelson comes to mind. All in all, it's a pretty good beer, but a li'l on the sweet side, and with the sweet hoppyness, it's a bit much by the end.
BTW, beer lovers not drinking beer is no laughing matter. $hit just got serious, dude! :tank:

HPIM1403.jpg
I love this beer.

Just had a Ska Ten Pin Porter. Now they are hooking up the Randell for a cascade and chipotle pepper infused arrogant bastard. Think I may try a couple of those.

image-3667099128.jpg

I just had a sample of my choc stout that I racked to the secondary. It's good, but I burnt my tongue on some hot salsa before drinking it, so I didn't get the best taste, but I could def taste the choc.

And now a screwdriver.

Hill Farmstead Susan - Citra, Simcoe and Riwaka 6.2% IPA

53a08fedab5d9f09422c3255d64ddcd8_640x640.jpg

Hill Farmstead Juicy. A wine barrel aged Brett beer aged in barrels that previously held their mimosa beer.

2f17cf2b111d96f30facd56e85bbe081_640x640.jpg

..and of course, the amazingly perfect Society & Solitude 5. American hops with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice in a 7.8% ABV IPA.

4640288f09ce5987e586193028718d6e_640x640.jpg

Oskar Blues Ten Fidy, smooth and 10.5%. It's like a ninja stout attack in a little black can. My loving bride likes stouts, took a sip of that and said "Ummm, that's really good.".

"No problem my love, you finish that and I'll get you another...."

(Obligatory nasty banana dance here) :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

Been going through a Great Divide mixed pack. Claymore Scotch Ale is the winner for me, and then Rumble oaked IPA, Hades Belgian golden, and Hoss rye lager. All good.

adamjackson said:
Hill Farmstead Susan - Citra, Simcoe and Riwaka 6.2% IPA

Hill Farmstead Juicy. A wine barrel aged Brett beer aged in barrels that previously held their mimosa beer.

..and of course, the amazingly perfect Society & Solitude 5. American hops with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice in a 7.8% ABV IPA.

Jealous! I need to try some of those hill farmsteads!

ThatGeekGuy said:
Oskar Blues Ten Fidy, smooth and 10.5%. It's like a ninja stout attack in a little black can. My loving bride likes stouts, took a sip of that and said "Ummm, that's really good.".

"No problem my love, you finish that and I'll get you another...."

(Obligatory nasty banana dance here) :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

10fiddy is so good!

Jealous! I need to try some of those hill farmsteads!

You're in Salem! Drive on up! I go up every 2 weeks and it's 2 hours each way. I don't have kids or any hobbies so it's no biggie but you should come up and fill some growlers. Bring cash because there's no cards accepted. Their pale ales are remarkable.

I've sent them to a few HBT people for local IPAs. Everyone really enjoys them. The Saisons are world class.

My Rue de Rouge Saison, recently brewed from an adapted recipe by my brew buddy and me. Only 10 days in the bottle. Nice and dry with a hint of citra dry hop and mild belgian yeast overtones, spiced with coriander, pepper and ginger. Developing nicely but I hope it carbonates a bit more. So far, so good!

$4.99? Wow, that's quite a deal. I'd definitely be down for a trade. What Vermont beers are you interested in getting? I can get a lot of them here, but Heady Topper will require a special trip, which I've been meaning to make anyway, so we'll see if I can find time for that soon. Cheers!

Most of them should be suitable. I don't get to try many. PM me a list of what you can get ahold of. No rush.

You're in Salem! Drive on up! I go up every 2 weeks and it's 2 hours each way. I don't have kids or any hobbies so it's no biggie but you should come up and fill some growlers. Bring cash because there's no cards accepted. Their pale ales are remarkable.

I've sent them to a few HBT people for local IPAs. Everyone really enjoys them. The Saisons are world class.

Sounds like a good cruise up there. One of these weekends I might have to do that. 2 hours isn't bad. I just got into shooting the past few months, so I've been doing that on the weekends a lot.
As for what I'm drinking... coffee... No beer until tomorrow night.

edit: I had to look where you live... it looks like closer to a 4 hour drive for me! :p

Epic tasting list from last night.

Cantillon Saint Lamvinus
Cantillon Lou Pepe 2008
Cantillon Vigneronne
3 Fontienen Golden Blend
3 Fontienen Oude Geuze 2008
3 Fontienen Armand Winter
3 Fontienen Armand Lente
3 Fontienen Armand Zomer
3 Fontienen Armand Herfst
3 Fontienen Schaerbeekse Kriek
de Struisse Pannepot Grand Reserva 2005
Crooked Stave Servette reserva
Freetails Ananke

bottlebomber said:
Hop in the Dark.. I know a lot of people like this, but I dislike Chinook hops an this reeks of then. Harsh and soapy.

nukebrewer said:
It's been a very long time since I've had this one, but while I don't remember using the word 'soapy' to describe it, I do agree that it was a bit harsh. Probably why I haven't picked it up again.

Not a big fan of Chinook either... But I find this HeBrew is really tasty!

image-2822113947.jpg

divrguy said:
Not a big fan of Chinook either... But I find this HeBrew is really tasty!

See in a dry hop I think it might be ok, but when it goes in the boil the beta acids or cohumulone or whatever it is gets released, then it's nasty. I've been wanting to try some Hebrew, haven't found any yet.

Latest posts

Back