• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3- 23 tip jet burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garyr2973

Reaction score
I have 3- 23 tip jet burners for sale. These are new, never been used. All three include the pilot burner. I bought these to build a Brutus stand and decided to go all electric. Will sell all 3 for $100 + shipping from Louisville, KY.

image-3518104935.jpg

image-1457992849.jpg

image-550105543.jpg

All of them are propane. I know one of them has the 90 degree gas inlet fitting on the bottom so I'm sure if I look hard enough I can find the other two

argoodin said:
Let me know if you are interested. I understand if you have already separated them.

Okay, it cut off the top half of my message. I will do $100 shipped to 31719 for all three together.

I forgot that I have another one but the pilot hole isn't threaded. It was a defect from the mfg and they sent me another one so I actually have 2 left (if you don't need a pilot on one).

I was looking for the three together for my upcoming (after the honey-do list :) ) Brutus build. Sorry that I was late logging on last night, I missed a good deal.

Have 1 left. It actually has the pilot tip and the hole in the burner but it's not threaded. I think a little high temp sealant would fix it right up. $35 + shipping.

Is it easy to hook up to a regular grill propane tank? I'm boiling with a keggle right now with a banjo burner thought about moving up.

Shouldn't be that difficult. Should hook up exactly as the burner you have now. It's got a 1/2" opening for a pipe nipple that will/can reduce down to the 1/4" gas inlet. This is the same burners they use on the Brutus 10. Do a search on here and you'll see all the ways to hook them up. If your just doing a single burner you wouldn't even need to worry with the pilot tip but it's good to have if you ever upgrade to 3 burners with automatic ignition like the Brutus.

Has anyone tried hooking these up to a propane tank? Can you even get an entire mash heating and boil done on one tank? Or has everyone hooked them up to natural gas?

I have to be straight.... I don't know. Never used them. Most people I know that use them plug some of the jets cuz they burn so hot.

You'll need a low pressure 11" water column propane regulator. Brewers Hardware has a good one for $24. I use one of these on my stand to automate my HLT with a honeywell gas valve, it works great. I use standard high pressure burners for heating mash water and to boil. I use about a half 20 lb tank for a 20 gallon batch so these aren't that bad on gas.

Marc- do you plug some of the jets? Why do you use two different types of burners? Opinion please...

conardg said:
Marc- do you plug some of the jets? Why do you use two different types of burners? Opinion please...

I do not plug any of the jets, I use it as is. Flame containment can be an issue with these but if you are building from scratch incorporate a proper shroud and all is well. I use two different types of burners because I use a Morebeer flat sculpture and that's the way they used to make them... I have no issues getting to boil with my high pressure burner although it does take a little longer than I would like, fortunately there is always something else to be doing on brew day (cleaning fermenters etc)

I have previously built and used Brutus style stands and I think the tendency is to go big on all the burners and its not necessary. I would recommend burners like these for boil and HLT but definitely not needed under the mash tun if you intend to direct fire for temp control (standard Brutus design) if you use rims or herms to control temp then go for it as your mash water will be ready way quicker!

Back