Need Beer Presentation Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UNOmar

Reaction score
A little over a month ago my friend and I decided to have a "beeroff" which would be judged by our friends. The only rules were that were were not allowed to use a recipe. Hence the ExperimentAle in my sig. Well the time has come and although I enjoy my beer, I'm not predicting a victory here. The beer started at 1.073 and finished at only 1.025. It has a good ABV, but is pretty sweet once it warms.
The other issue is that I brewed this beer before I built my immersion chiller. Clearly I did not get a cold break. This beer suffers from chill haze worse than I've ever seen. Seeing as how appearance is one of the judging criteria, any ideas? Can fining agents be added after the beer is poured into a glass?
Just looking for that extra edge.

UNOmar said:
ACan fining agents be added after the beer is poured into a glass?
not a real good idea.
first, it'll take days for the fining agents to work.
second, it'll all settle to the bottom of the glass.
third, who wants to drink a beer out of a glass that you just spiked with something.

Amazingly enough I won the beeroff!
I say amazingly as I had many screwups through out the brewing process. Not the least of which was improperly mixing in the priming sugar. I showed up with 3 six-packs of my homebrew only 1 of which had any carbonation.
Oh well, lessons learned. My porter is hanging out in the secondary just waiting for an empty set of bottles and it smells great. Aside from a siphon spill no major incidents with this batch. I gotta thank everyone on this forum for helping me improve what little beer skills I had.

Back