Any recommendation for a Summer Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyace00

Reaction score
I wanted some input for some of your favorite Summer brews. I want to start thinking of that next batch to be ready for Summer

I'll be brewing a lower ABV version of my MO SMaSH for summer enjoyment. The first one finished at 6.7%, which is really solid but I think I want something closer to the 5.5-6.0% range for summer time enjoyment.

If you go to Brewmasters Warehouse the Centennial Blonde is available with a single click. Well, several clicks ;)

Two NB kits or recipes anyway come to mind.

1. Patersbier - awesome session beer even the BMC crowd loves.
2. T-Can and Bearcat Wheaten Beatdown - see above.

I've brewed both and when the weather turns, both will be rebrewed.

my Bud Light Friends liked this one
6lb pilsner malt
2.5 lbs wheat malt
1 oz 4.3%Williamette
1 oz Check Sazz

usa a clean American Ale yeast

mash at 150-155 60 mins
mash out at 170 collect 6.5 gallons
90 min boil
add Williamette at start of boil
add Sazz at about 10 mins left

14 to 20 in primary forget the secondary

It has enough hops and maltiness to tell its not a BMC but is light and refreshing
it comes out at around 5%ABV and really starts tasting good after about 2 weeks cold conditioning after carbing.
Good luck and enjoy

IMPERIAL STOUT! This will help prevent "lawnmower beer overload syndrome" that is common during the summertime. :mug:

Glad to be first to say this:

KOLSCH!

(Last year I brewed a Kolsch, used the yeast for a Dunkel, then used the yeast for an Oktoberfest Ale)

Back