BYO Label Contest 2011 Winners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtB

I may be drunk, but I'm not sure.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I did not look to see if this was posted anywhere else on HBT, but BYO has posted the winners of the 2011 Label Contest.

http://***********/photos/category/71

I recogonize at least one lable that was previously displayed here in this forum. Congrats to all of the tallented designers.

:mug:

Yeah, I recognize the Honey Kolsch as Bottom-Side-Up's. His labels are awesome. I love the Ailing Pail label even better.

I'm probably going to offend someone, but the Bronze prize label is terrible. It looks like a bunch of Google Images plus someone's first attempt at Photoshop.

Yeah, I recognize the Honey Kolsch as Bottom-Side-Up's. His labels are awesome. I love the Ailing Pail label even better.

I'm probably going to offend someone, but the Bronze prize label is terrible. It looks like a bunch of Google Images plus someone's first attempt at Photoshop.

The only people that should be offended are the honorable mentions who placed behind that.

And the point of insulting somebody else's work is? Wouldn't it have sufficed for you to think nasty thoughts and keep them to yourself.

No it wasn't my work but I don't get the point.

And the point of insulting somebody else's work is? Wouldn't it have sufficed for you to think nasty thoughts and keep them to yourself.

First of all, they entered it into a label contest to be judged. Passing judgement on a contest entry should be fair game.

Second, are you blind? It's clearly not in the same league as some of the honorable mentions - such as the Honey Kolsch, Black Hops, or Baby Weizen.

We appreciate the things you people are saying here about the honey kolsch label, we do appreciate it. We are happy to receive honorable mention in this year's contest. We are sure the judges had their reasons for the winners they have picked. Again we really do appreciate your kind words about the Bottom-Side-Up labels. Your opinions honestly mean more to us then one particular magazine, please continue to give us feedback.

We do feel sorry for the person who submitted the Black Hops label, it is really good, unfortunately we did not make it. I hope BYO fixes this issue and gives credit to the rightful owner.

I wouldn't say it's terrible :p, but the quality is not on the same level as the rest of the honorable mentions. I would like to see the critique notes from the judges.

First of all, they entered it into a label contest to be judged. Passing judgement on a contest entry should be fair game.

Second, are you blind? It's clearly not in the same league as some of the honorable mentions - such as the Honey Kolsch, Black Hops, or Baby Weizen.

Judged by the BYO judging committee, not you.

I get jumped on (probably rightly) for being overly hard on people here for saying stupid stuff. Why is it so much easier and more accepted to rip someone who isn't even here to defend himself?

His name is on the website. Google him and send him an email if you think he deserves your feedback.

Judged by the BYO judging committee, not you.

Semantics. They knew that BYO had the right to post it for public display and that people would see it. If they didn't expect people to form an opinion, they should go back to kindergarten with its "If you don't have anything nice to say" rules.

Why is it so much easier and more accepted to rip someone who isn't even here to defend himself?

If it was an honorable mention, I wouldn't have said a word. Unfortunately, it beat out the Honey Kolsch and Black Hops labels, which were unquestionably better made labels. It's more of a commentary about the judging than the (lack of) quality of that particular label.

If it was an honorable mention, I wouldn't have said a word. Unfortunately, it beat out the Honey Kolsch and Black Hops labels, which were unquestionably better made labels. It's more of a commentary about the judging than the (lack of) quality of that particular label.

Really? Did you read what you wrote?

This appears to be 100% commentary about the quality of that particular label. Which part of this is a commentary about the judging?

My label won honorable mention!

chairmanmeow.jpg

@crookedTail.....congratulations! Were you the #19 label on the site? For some reason that one will not display on my computer. Congrats again.

@crookedTail.....congratulations! Were you the #19 label on the site? For some reason that one will not display on my computer. Congrats again.

I'm #22 on there. Apparently they had issues adding some of the entries to the website.

http://***********/photos/item/733/asInline

This appears to be 100% commentary about the quality of that particular label. Which part of this is a commentary about the judging?

It's a terrible label. There was terrible judging if that label won bronze over the clearly more deserving entries. It's not rocket science. If something undeserving wins, then the judging was bad. I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible for you.

Back