Wort to Fermenter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboBru

Reaction score
I did not use a proper strainer to remove the majority of the sediment (coriander / bitter orange peels) from the wort while transfering it into the fermenter. How do you think it would come out? anyone have any experiance with this little flaw on my behalf?

Your brew should be just fine. I had a honey wheat ale that had coriander and orange peel in it for the entire primary. The brew turned out great. Welcome to HBT.

It might pick up a little more bitterness from the orange, but I wouldn't worry too much. Without the heat and agitation, it shouldn't be that much more. If you're worried, wait until it hits terminal gravity and transfer to a secondary, leaving the other stuff behind. As for anything else, break material and such, many of us just dump that right in the fermenter anyway. A certain amount of break material is healthy as it feeds the yeast.

The beer is bottled and ready to be tasted hopfully by the 30th. I did that before bottling i transfered from my Bottling bucket (Which i fermented in lol noob move) into the carboy sealed up put aside while i cleaned the bottling bucket sanitized then back into the bottling bucket then bottled. Hope it comes out good :D

It might pick up a little more bitterness from the orange, but I wouldn't worry too much. Without the heat and agitation, it shouldn't be that much more. If you're worried, wait until it hits terminal gravity and transfer to a secondary, leaving the other stuff behind. As for anything else, break material and such, many of us just dump that right in the fermenter anyway. A certain amount of break material is healthy as it feeds the yeast.

Awesome i have been worried however i said i live and learn. Thanks for welcome :)

Your brew should be just fine. I had a honey wheat ale that had coriander and orange peel in it for the entire primary. The brew turned out great. Welcome to HBT.

Back