Keezer Build...She ain't the prettiest but we're proud

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoulderBayBrewing

Reaction score
Hey,

Thought I'd show off our latest project. My friend and I built a keezer a couple of weeks ago. So far it only has one tap but we will be ordering 3 more taps soon.

keezer1.jpg

We put are own spin on Bobby's version. (by the way, thanks for the youtube vids, they were a great help!)

keezer3.jpg

We decided to use calking and some brackets to attach the collar to the lid.
keezer4.jpg

keezer5.jpg

We will be using a Ranco temp controller to control the temperature of the freezer.

keezer6.jpg

We put a quick disconnect on the outside of the keezer just at the lid in order to keep the system pressurized when the CO2 tank needs to be disconnected.

keezer7.jpg

As you can see she can hold 6 cornys. There is room for the CO2 tank on the hump but we decided to put it out side the freezer.

keezer2.jpg

Here is what she looks like so far. We will have 4 taps on the front. We also plan on building a cart with a place for the CO2 tank.

I'd like to be able to have at least two serving pressures. Any ideas for a relatively cheap way to do this?

Thanks,

Dan

Nice job!

The only way that I know that you would be able to have two different serving pressures would be to have two regulators.

If that is the way you decide to go then you can pick up another regulator at your local shop or you can get something at northern brewer. They sell an economy regulator for like 40 bucks the part number is K149 then you just get regulator coupler (part K148) and attach the new reg to your existing, that way you only need one CO2 bottle.

Hope that helps

That's a great job - looks better than many rusted keezers I have seen. Wish I could create a decent collar but I gave up after two warped and out of square attempts. I am a measure twice, cut once and curse kind of builder. LOL

Back